ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETTELMENT VISA REQUESTS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karam
Newly Registered

SETTELMENT VISA REQUESTS

Post by karam » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:50 am

HI EVERYONE I AM MOROCCAN MY WIFE IS BRITISH CITIZEN I APPLIED FOR A SETTELEMENT AND THEY GIVE ME 3 MONTHS APPOINTEMENT TIME. IS THAT NORMAL?
MY SECOND QUESTION IS : DO THE SPONSOR HAVE TO HAVE CERTAIN WAGE TO BE ABLE TO SPONSOR THE APPLICANT? FOR INSTANCE LET S SAY MY WIFE IS MAKING 250 QUID A WEEK CAN VISA BE REFUSED BECAUSE THE WAGE IS NOT ENOUGH TO SUPPORT ME?
I WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU RESPONSE THANK YOU :P

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:26 pm

Is there something wrong with your caps lock button? It appears to be stuck.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:24 pm

sorry i didnt pay attention to my caps lock

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:25 pm

is there any one to help these questiones plz?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:24 pm

A search of this board would seem to indicate that 3 months is not unusual in Morocco.

As regards the financial test, it is "merely" necessary to show that you will not need to claim certain Public Funds. Merely knowing that your wife makes £250 per week is not sufficient information to say whether the financial test is passed or not. the main reason for this is that accommodation costs can vary so much. For example, just to illustrate, if your wife is paying £1000 per month in rent, well very clearly, no, your wife's earnings would be insufficient.

Can you give an idea how much her housing costs are? That is, what does she pay in rent, or mortgage?
Last edited by John on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:24 pm

thank you very much john she is paying 600 pound.and she has a son who is 16 she is not claiming any public funds .

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:24 pm

thank you very much john she is paying 600 pound.and she has a son who is 16 she is not claiming any public funds .

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:17 pm

jhon i hope you are fine i am just curious about the answer if you can plz

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:21 pm

Karam, she earns £250 per week, and pays out £600 per month for housing? Leaving what, about £400 per month for all other bills?

You mention a 16 year old son. Surely she claims Child Benefit and Tax Credits?
John

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:18 am

yes she earns that and she doesnt get child tax it finishes on august because the child is 16 is that a barrier?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:35 pm

What is the 16 year old son doing? Is he still at school? And if not, what is he doing?
John

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:29 pm

YES HE IS AT COLLEGE

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:45 am

If the child is still at college, why has the Child Benefit (& Tax Credits?) ended?
John

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:34 pm

because he left school and now he is back and his mother could made an extension but she declines it to apply for the visa because they say she shouldnt have any recourse to public fund.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:43 pm

I am not sure where you got your information from but on the basis of what you have posted, well, it is wrong!

Have a look at this webpage that clearly indicates that Child Benefit is available where the child is :-
16, 17 or 18 and in full- time further education, or has started a programme of approved training
The same rules apply as regards Tax Credits.
John

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:20 pm

john i edited my posting can you see it?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:09 am

she declines it to apply for the visa because they say she shouldnt have any recourse to public fund
No it doesn't! It says that she is not allowed to claim more Public Funds if you succeed in getting your visa and come to the UK. She is perfectly entitled to claim benefits that she is entitled to whether or not you are here in the UK.

I make that point because if her employment income is about £1000 per month and she is paying out £600 per month for housing, it is borderline whether the financial test might be passed or not. That is, she needs every financial help she can get in order to legitimately increase the family income, and thus assist you to get your visa.

Thus in a perverse way her not claiming the Child Benefit and Tax Credits could actually harm your chances of getting a visa.
John

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:17 pm

JOHN thanks for the help but i was not sure what they mean by that can you explain to me please

Public funds would include housing benefit, child tax credit ect, if she claims these it would have an adverse effect on the visa application, since the onus is on her to prove she can support us till I find a job, (which will be immediate hopefully)

This is her situation, can you see any cracks that we might have to cover here, in order to avoid having our visa refused.

At the moment she just changed her job and is now self employed for a firm.
Monthly income = 1300-1400
Is able to get letter from firm confirming contracted on perm self employed basis and provide bank statments with monies paid in.
monthly out-goings
Rent = 600
council tax= 71
utilitys150
grocery=120

Sure she will have a tax bill in April, so I don't know if they take future tax deductions into acocunt for the future.
We think we will pass the means test on tha.

The other small area of worry is , I lived in france for about 7 years as I was married there and later divorced, as I went to apply for extended visa in france, they refused and asked me to leave, their reason was I had to,they said I had no right or reason to be there as a divorced ciztizen of 7 years., anyway I wondered if this will effect my visa application with my wife for uk. I did not actually remember to put this on the application, and I wondered weather I should tell them straight out when i go for the itnerview or just hope for the best, I don't want it to look like I was trying to withheld information , I did genuinely forget to put that.
Thanks for your time John and I appreciate any feed back you can give me.

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:25 pm

is there somebody who may know the answer plz

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:44 pm

Not sure what I can add to what I previously posted.

Your wife is British ... she is allowed to claim Public Funds ..... it is you that is not allowed to claim Public Funds. But as previously said, as regards things like Housing Benefit, she is not allowed to claim more benefit after you arrive. But continuing to claim the same amount is OK, assuming of course that the family income has not increased.
John

karam
Newly Registered

Post by karam » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:20 am

THANKX JHON ANY WAY