ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success-Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happ_go_lucky

ILR Success-Solihull

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi,

I would like to thank this forum for the all the direct/indirect help I got through information on this forum. This has been the greatest resource and knowldge base for me.

I have been in the UK on a work permit. 2 months ago I started preparing for ILR application. I met all the criteria and my total absences were less than 180 but had one problem - I had one single absence of more than 90 days at a stretch which was a business trip but i was not paid in the UK for that period. I had a letter from the employer supporting the fact that it was an essential trip and that as per company policy i was paid in India for that duration. Having come across a lot of cases where the application was unsuccessful due to >90 absence, I was very worried and have spent a lot of sleepless nights thinking about my chances of getting the ILR.

I have explained the details of my appointment below.

1. Arrived at the PEO by 11 30 AM for my 12 PM appointment
2. went through security checks and waited in the waiting area
3. Our ticket number was called within 15 mins with the counter number that we were supposed to go to
4. We went to the counter. The case worker was a middle aged lady with short hair. She wasnt overly friendly, but was polite and very professional in her approach.
5. She asked me for the passport and application form. She went through the form for some time, came back to the page where absences were listed and asked me if I had a letter from my employer supporting the absences that I marked as a business trip. I said yes and handed over the letter to her. She went through the letter for some time and then started entering some details on her computer. She was putting a check mark against things (don’t know what it was) on a printed form like paper she had with her on her desk.
7. She then asked for the Employer’s letter confirming my salary and SOC code, Life in the UK test certificate, 3 months salary slip, and 3 months bank statements. She went through all those documents for some time.
8. She then asked us to excuse her and said she will be back soon. She then disappeared for some time. I think she went inside to consult a senior officer regarding my 97 days absence during that time, but don’t know if that was the case.
9. She came back in 10 mins and said the magic words “You will be granted your settlement today”! She then said “The next step will be to make the payment, however the card payment system is down today so you will have to pay by banker’s draft or postal order” and that there were banks and a post office nearby.
10. We went to Barclays bank which was 10 mins walk from the PEO and got the banker’s draft.
11. Went back to the PEO, completed the payment by submitting the banker’s draft. The lady who took the payment advised us to come back to the PEO in 2 hours to collect my passport.
12. Went back to the PEO after 2 hrs, collected my passport and left the PEO

Documents that were asked for:
1. Application form
2. Passport/Biometric card
3. Employers letter supporting the business trip of > 90 days
4. Employer’s letter confirming Salary & SOC
5. Life in the UK test certificate
6. 3 months payslips
7. 3 months bank statement

Originals of last 3 docs were returned to me along with the passport.
Last edited by happ_go_lucky on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:55 pm

That's great. Congrats.
Did you submit any other documents to show ties with the UK during that period?

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:01 pm

ban.s wrote:That's great. Congrats.
Did you submit any other documents to show ties with the UK during that period?
No. None asked or submitted

Sup

Post by Sup » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Congrats.. I book my appointment for Solihull too.. How was parking facility?

Was your Job title and SOC was exactly matching?

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR Success-Solihull 17 Feb-with >90 days single abse

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:24 pm

did u submit covering letter. if yes did she read it ??

did she approve your case or she went to senior case worker to do that >

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:11 am

Sup wrote:Congrats.. I book my appointment for Solihull too.. How was parking facility?

Was your Job title and SOC was exactly matching?
Thanks. The dominion cark park (behind the PEO) was full, so we parked at John Lewis car park which is just across the road.

Yes my job title and SOC code was exactly matching but my salary is more than what is mentioned for that soc code
Last edited by happ_go_lucky on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

happ_go_lucky

Re: ILR Success-Solihull 17 Feb-with >90 days single abse

Post by happ_go_lucky » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 am

fahadz1 wrote:did u submit covering letter. if yes did she read it ??

did she approve your case or she went to senior case worker to do that >
No I did not submit covering letter.

She definitely went in with my documents for about 10 mins, i think she went to consult the senior case worker, but she dint mention anything to me so i am not sure.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 am

Congrats happ_go_lucky ...

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:35 am

sunil.suneel wrote:Congrats happ_go_lucky ...
Thank you Sunil.suneel