ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 1 dependent show her funds for maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stalwar

Can Tier 1 dependent show her funds for maintenance

Post by stalwar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi,
I am applying for a Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife.
My wife is working and her own account has sufficient funds available for her to meet the maintenance requirement.

Can she show her own funds for maintenance or is it mandatory that the funds available should only be from the main applicant?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can Tier 1 dependent show her funds for maintenance

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm

stalwar wrote:I am applying for a Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife.
You cannot apply for your wife. Only she can apply for herself!!
stalwar wrote:her own account has sufficient funds available for her to meet the maintenance requirement.

Can she show her own funds for maintenance?
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply sushdmehta
I have a follow up query

1) I have enough funds in my savings account in ICICI. However, ICICI divided my account into savings account and Linked FD account. Linked FD is just a FD linked to my savings account on which I get higher than savings bank interest. I can withdraw this money unconditionally. However, when the print out my account statement, they only show savings account and not the linked FD balance. The savings account balance falls short in that case.

Can I submit my savings account balance plus the liked FD balance (and getting a letter from bank saying that is connected to the savings account and can be withdrawn unconditionally) as proof of maintenance.

2) My wife has enough funds in her account too. However, in her case, part of her payslips are US payslips. I am just wondering if this might confuse the officer.

Please advise the best course of action in this regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 pm

stalwar wrote:2) My wife has enough funds in her account too. However, in her case, part of her payslips are US payslips. I am just wondering if this might confuse the officer.
Dependant does not require to submit his/her proof of income (payslips).

Click on the link provided in the response above.

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi sushdmehta, Thanks for the reply.
The link opens to a wikipedia page. Kindly correct the link.

On the same point, don't we have to show two independent proofs for funds i.e. bank statements and payslips?

Even if I show my funds, I was planning to show my payslips and the bank statement or was that only required in Tier 1 to obtain points for Salary?

In short, irrespective of main applicant or dependent, only bank statements and a letter from bank is sufficient as evidence for maintenance when apply for Tier 1 dependent visa?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:16 pm

stalwar wrote:The link opens to a wikipedia page. Kindly correct the link.
sushdmehta wrote:Click on the link provided in the response above.
The sentence tells you to click on the link provided in the response made before it, i.e. - preceding post .... link given in this post.

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 am

oh sorry..just saw the "link" as a link and brain is hard wired to click.

I am not very clear from the guidance notes. Nowhere is it mentioned that payslips should be provided but on searching on this forum I found people have submitted their payslips for dependent visa too i.e. the main applicant submitted it.

As per the guidance document, bank statements and a letter from the bank is sufficient as maintenance proof. This applies to both main & dependent applicants right?

supernova

Post by supernova » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:25 pm

[quote="stalwar"]Hi sushdmehta, Thanks for the reply.
On the same point, don't we have to show two independent proofs for funds i.e. bank statements and payslips?

In short, irrespective of main applicant or dependent, only bank statements and a letter from bank is sufficient as evidence for maintenance when apply for Tier 1 dependent visa?[/quote]

You don't have to show source of earnings for dependent application.
All you wife has to show, if she has required maintenance funds to support herself. These funds can either be from main applicant (yours) or dependent's bank accounts.

I used my wife's FD and a letter from her bank (to prove that FD can be converted to cash anytime) to support her application.

In case your wife has enough funds in her bank account, she would only need to submit the bank statements covering the 3 month period.