ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding status of my visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scan87

Confusion regarding status of my visa application

Post by scan87 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi all first of all I would like to apologize for asking the following question:-

SITUATION:

I submitted my application for Fiance Visa (Settlement Visa) on 21/12/2011 in India and since then I have been checking the status of my application on the VFS website. The status was showing as "Your application has been forwarded to the British High Commission". Suddenly today in the evening the status of my application on the VFS website changed to:

Code: Select all

Your application is being sent to the application center. Please wait until it is ready for collection.

QUESTION:

I am feeling very tensed now. What does the status mean? Does it mean that my Application is invalid and it's been rejected? The reason I'm asking this question (although I know that I'll be able to know the result coming Monday or Tuesday) because as far as I knew VFS states something like "Passport is ready for collection" statement in the Application Status section. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

NOTE: I was in the UK for almost 6 years. I came back to India on August 2011. After applying for my visa, I was expecting to be called for a face-to-face interview or at least a phone call from the Border Agency. But neither happened. This has added to my tension. I am thinking maybe because they didn't interview me, I have been refused a visa.

Thank you very much for looking.

scan87

Post by scan87 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:00 am

:(

39 views......

I was hoping to get at least one reply.......

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 am

There is no point in guessing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dabby

Post by Dabby » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:01 am

I think it could be either.

We were in a similar situation. My partner had been in the UK for 6 years then returned to India in August to apply for the unmarried partner visa. Our status said the same thing at the end September. We were rejected for no good reason. Currently in appeal and still waiting for more news.

But I'm sure people that were successful also had the same status. Maybe someone will confirm.

Hope it's good news for you.

scan87

Post by scan87 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:36 am

Thank you all for your reply