ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from UK - for ILR 10 years- Urgent pls

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smk199
BANNED

Absence from UK - for ILR 10 years- Urgent pls

Post by smk199 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi all,

I am applying soon for ILR under 10 Years rules, i have not exceeded my absences. I was away from UK total 369 days in the whole 10 years period.

I went to neitherland on schengen visa for 3/4 days in 2003.
I travelled through dover in bus, i got visa for 21 days.

so my query is:
I dont have any entry or exit in my passport. and i cannot remember what date i travelled to Neitherland.
Do i need to mention in the application form, (but dont no the exact dates of travel.)
or i can just leave blank and mention the other which shows on the passport and remembers.

please let me any one urgent thanks
regards

Smallfamily

Re: Absence from UK - for ILR 10 years- Urgent pls

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Yes you should mention and on a separate piece of paper just mention you can't remeber the exact travel dates for netherland i.e. attach a cover letter that will solve ur problem and it won't affect ur application.

HO does have an access to all of ur travel in and out UK dates...

smk199
BANNED

Post by smk199 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Yes you should mention and on a separate piece of paper just mention you can't remeber the exact travel dates for netherland i.e. attach a cover letter that will solve ur problem and it won't affect ur application.

HO does have an access to all of ur travel in and out UK dates...

Thanks

but HO they dont have any record we went through euro bus, and one of my friend got ILR - 10 years he did n't mentioned it because he dont remeber the dates. He sugested me the same.

Post by 2012 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:47 pm

smk199 wrote:Hi all,

I am applying soon for ILR under 10 Years rules, i have not exceeded my absences. I was away from UK total 369 days in the whole 10 years period.

so my query is:
I dont have any entry or exit in my passport. and i cannot remember what date i travelled to Neitherland.
Do i need to mention in the application form, (but dont no the exact dates of travel.)
or i can just leave blank and mention the other which shows on the passport and remembers.

regards
1. Did immigration in Holland not put exit and entry stamps in u passport.
2. Surely they wud have done that.

smk199
BANNED

Post by smk199 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:59 pm

2012 wrote:
smk199 wrote:Hi all,

so my query is:

regards
1. Did immigration in Holland not put exit and entry stamps in u passport.
2. Surely they wud have done that.

No, they have checked the passports and valid visa, our bus went on ferry by dover to calise,France, from there route to holland.
There they have checked the passport and visa only. but no entry / exit stamps.
please suggest me what to do?

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:26 am

smk199 wrote:
No, they have checked the passports and valid visa, our bus went on ferry by dover to calise,France, from there route to holland.
There they have checked the passport and visa only. but no entry / exit stamps.
please suggest me what to do?
My suggestion is still the same to mention abt ur holland travel and attach a covering letter as I mentioned before. At UK border, they sometimes just scan the visa on the passport and the traveller doesn't notice that scanning bit :shock: so if they did in ur case then HO will have ur travel record :!: