ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Glasgow PEO - at what point did you pay the fee?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILR_hopefully
Newly Registered

Glasgow PEO - at what point did you pay the fee?

Post by ILR_hopefully » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I would appreciate if those who applied at Glasgow PEO for a visa extension that included biometrics could tell us at what point the payment was taken?
Was that after of before the application was decided? And at what point did you give biometrics?

Many thanks!

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:51 am

ILR_hopefully
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_hopefully » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:17 am

razian97 wrote:please read following link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96054
Thanks a lot, but this is about Sheffield PEO, I would like to know about Glasgow.
Some PEO offices take payment after ILR application has been decided and from 29.02.2012 ILR will be with biometrics, so I wonder if this would change anything.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 am

There could be some exception, but like a postal application, any PEO would take payment first and then process (not initial scrutiny at windows to see correct formand documents) your application.
If any PEO is letting you know the decision first and asking to pay fees later on, is a pure bonus, but I wouldn't rely on that.
And it could even differ from one case worker to another.
Some case worker might even ask you to show proof of payment before taking your application.