ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa - support question (overdraft)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jp70

Visitor visa - support question (overdraft)

Post by jp70 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:56 pm

I would like to get a visitor visa for my friend to visit in the UK for one week. I have a full time job (£900/month after tax) but I have loans and my bank account is below zero (-£600). But I have about £200 extra money after all bills and loand payments so I can support my friend. But are my loans and overdrafts a problem for a visitor visa application? Do I need to get my bank account first positive? How much?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa - support question (overdraft)

Post by push » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:09 pm

jp70 wrote:I would like to get a visitor visa for my friend to visit in the UK for one week. I have a full time job (£900/month after tax) but I have loans and my bank account is below zero (-£600). But I have about £200 extra money after all bills and loand payments so I can support my friend. But are my loans and overdrafts a problem for a visitor visa application? Do I need to get my bank account first positive? How much?
Would you be responsible for meeting his travel, stay and food costs etc.?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jp70

Re: Visitor visa - support question (overdraft)

Post by jp70 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 pm

push wrote:
jp70 wrote:I would like to get a visitor visa for my friend to visit in the UK for one week. I have a full time job (£900/month after tax) but I have loans and my bank account is below zero (-£600). But I have about £200 extra money after all bills and loand payments so I can support my friend. But are my loans and overdrafts a problem for a visitor visa application? Do I need to get my bank account first positive? How much?
Would you be responsible for meeting his travel, stay and food costs etc.?
Yes. Obviously I ll wait untill I really have the money. But even then my account might be on overdraft.

I have already enought money to do this all because I have some money on my other trading account (like £500). Just thinking is this a problem for the application.

I should have enought money, as hotel costs about £100 for one week at cheapest and food and others another £100.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

It may be easier.....

Post by eldane » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:53 am

It may be easier for your visitor if you sign a "sponsorship undertaking form."

The ECO may regard you are more serious in sponsoring your visitor in that you voluntarily has been proactive and sought out your responsibilities as a sponsor.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ecb/ecb12/

Form: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf

Just my pence of advice,

El danes
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

jp70

Re: It may be easier.....

Post by jp70 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 am

eldane wrote:It may be easier for your visitor if you sign a "sponsorship undertaking form."

The ECO may regard you are more serious in sponsoring your visitor in that you voluntarily has been proactive and sought out your responsibilities as a sponsor.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ecb/ecb12/

Form: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf

Just my pence of advice,

El danes
Ok, looks good. This is what I actually wanted also, to take responsible that my friend does not use benefits etc. I am ready to take that responsible/risk (as I know her well enough to take it). So good to know this option is there. Well done ukba here :). Hopefully this helps me...

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:07 am

one more: this is for dating/future fiancee visa purposes as we better meet now second time. Is it good to mention this on visitor visa as a reason why she comes, or it makes things worse (as they might think that she does not leave the country because "I like her")? Better just put that she is my "friend" and not mention the dating /fiancee issue?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 am

If you don't tell the truth now, you'll have a serious problem if you want to apply for a fiancee or spouse visa in the future.
You'll need to submit strong evidence of your girlfriend's ties to her home country in the visitor visa application, in order to show that she's not likely to overstay.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

I am in the same boat

Post by eldane » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:37 am

JP70,

I am in the same boat as you. Casa has a very valid point and I can confirm it is paramount that the applicant has strong ties to her home country and is financially capable of meeting the expenses.

I had an ex girlfriend who, despite I accepted all expenses, paid tickets etc., was refused her visa.

It was only untill I went to her country and demanded an interview with the ECM that I managed to get the mission to accept a fresh application which obviously were successfull as that had already been agreed to by the ECM.

I am about to embark on a new "adventure" for a visitor visit application for a new girlfriend and I have spent 2 weeks gathering documentation and writing my cover letter.
Just now I am fine polishing my cover letter and double checking attachments of supporting documentation.

It's so bloody exhausting this marathon for a lovely entrance clearence. I my case it is almost rediculous because I am EU citizen and if they refuse I would just have to marry my girlfriend and they would have no other option than to issue her with an EEA family permit. But the butheads ECOs' does not realise this even when I documentetd all that in the previous application for my ex girlfriend 5 years ago.

Anyway, good luck with the entry clearance for your girlfriend. You are looking for a few weeks I am looking for 4 months so I am in for a tuff one.

El danes
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

jp70

Re: I am in the same boat

Post by jp70 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:46 pm

eldane wrote:JP70,
I am in the same boat as you. Casa has a very valid point and I can confirm it is paramount that the applicant has strong ties to her home country and is financially capable of meeting the expenses.

I had an ex girlfriend who, despite I accepted all expenses, paid tickets etc., was refused her visa.
OUr first was also refused year ago. I visit her after that. Now trying again to the UK. Now I have better situation bce I have full time work.

"It's so bloody exhausting this marathon for a lovely entrance clearence."

Me also, I dont like doing the paper work, but sometimes just has to do. Hopefully I have skills to do it right.

"I my case it is almost rediculous because I am EU citizen and if they refuse I would just have to marry my girlfriend and they would have no other option than to issue her with an EEA family permit."

Oh, me also I am origanally from EU , not british. So that helps? Maybe I can get married then in her country....and come back.