ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr application after 5 years on work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

ilr application after 5 years on work permit

Post by dipinpeter » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

hi , please reply to this post. . i am currently working as a registered nurse in uk on a workpermit since april 2007. so i should be able to apply for ilr in april 2012. i am concerned about the recent changes in rules such as code of practice . on my work permit its written down as £19500/- per annum. recently i had a salary increase but its not mentioned on work permit. so i am worried if am not paid according to the new code of practice. can anybody please send any suggestions. also does anybody think submitting ilr application through solicitor any beneficial??

vsh

Post by vsh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 am

you dont have to mention about salary increase to home office. As long as you are paid over soc code you are ok. Applying through solicitor is your own choice but if it is straight forward case why waste money.

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:26 pm

thank you for replying. but my salary on work permit may not be enough according to new code of practice.

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:03 pm

The salary on the original work permit is not necessarily a bad thing. All that matters is that at the time of application, your current salary meets or exceeds the SOC requirement for your job/job title.

yanbo
Newly Registered

Post by yanbo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:10 pm

dipinpeter wrote:my salary on work permit may not be enough according to new code of practice.
Your salary at the time of application (current salary) must be at or above the minimum defined in SOC document for your job type. Salary on your Work Permit might be lower, it doesn't matter. It is normal and expected to have higher salary after 5 years.

Make sure:
- you have all P60s (which are showing your employer has been paying all taxes and NI contributions for last 5 years)
- you have bank statements and payslips for last 3 months showing (which, with a letter from your employer, proves that your current salary is appropriate regarding SOC)

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 pm

thank you very much for all the replies. its really help ful. i dont hav all the p60. is it a must to hav all the p60s. ??

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:10 pm

do we have to inform home office about change of home address??? also the company i working been sold and now under new management so do i hav to inform home office abt it?? whose resposibility is it to inform home office. mine or the employer??

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Has your company name changed, then its the employer who needs to inform to the home office.

See the below link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... oyment.pdf

and

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... employment.

Please make sure you get this done and it will be straight forward with respect to your ILR application. I was in the same boat and I have chnaged my company name with the homeoffice and received their confirmation.
Last edited by vinaya on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:25 pm

hi thank you verymuch for all the replies

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:39 pm

does any one know what is the minimum salary requirement for a band 5 nurse according to the soc. ??

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Post by Daphne_ZA » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:21 am

I dont know much about the medical field, but from what I can see ''Qualified nurse (band 5 or equivalent) £20,710''

You can find your SOC Code here: (I think it may be 3211) -http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Later on in the same document, it tells you what the rate of pay should be, so for example, if 3211 is correct, see page 39.

For requirements for ILR as a work permit holder, read pages 44-48 here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary). If you cannot find a SOC Code to match your job, then read pages 102-104.

I would also recommend requesting an Employment History from HMRC. It takes about a week to 10 days to arrive. (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/faqs/nicqemp.htm#9)

Phone 0845 300 0627 (The options will be : 2 ; 3 ; 6). You will need to give them your National Insurance number, and then answer a few security questions.

Ask for an Employment History for the last 5 tax years, including the current year. Ask for this to be broken down according to the tax years. They will ask if you want it to include Pay, TAX, etc. It's up tp you if you want this info on there.

It's an official documentation, and it's a summarised version of your P60's. So, if you have any concerns about missing P60's, or having to find old payslips, this will be your solution. This will have your Employers name on, so if there has been a name change, this shoudl also show on the Employment History. You can combine this with an Employer Letter explaining the name change.

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:04 am

thank u very much for ur reply. its really help ful

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

cohab documents

Post by dipinpeter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:40 am

my 2 year old child is applying for ilr with me. do i need cohab documents. she is born in england. im using set o form??

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

cohab documents

Post by dipinpeter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:55 am

my 2 year old child is applying for ilr with me. do i need cohab documents. she is born in england. im using set o form??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 am

If your daughter was born in the UK, then she doesn't have to apply for ILR with you, especially if she had never previously applied for leave. She will be entitled to register for British citizenship immediately after you're granted ILR.

See also Good news for old work permit holders.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 pm

she has already limited leave to remain which will expire soon. what is co hab documents? is it necessary for child born in uk??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:42 pm

It may still be unnecessary for her to apply for ILR because of her entitlement after you're granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 pm

what sort of document i need to produce for cohabitation

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 pm

For adults, see also FLR(M), section 11, note 8, for examples. For a two year old, it's doubtful if that's possible/required.

dipinpeter
Newly Registered

Post by dipinpeter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:43 pm

thank u very much vinny for ur help