ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Marriage of Convenience

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tom_tom_tom
Newly Registered

Post by tom_tom_tom » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 am

Thanks everyone here for the help.

My wife submitted an EEA family permit at the UKBA application centre in Japan on Monday. According to the processing times at the Osaka office it should be finished within 5 days most of the time..

Hopefully we will hear back on Friday/Monday!

tom_tom_tom
Newly Registered

Post by tom_tom_tom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Hello, I hope someone can help...

After arriving in the UK with a family permit can are you allowed to work then or must you wait for the COA for the EEA2?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:47 pm

tom_tom_tom wrote:Hello, I hope someone can help...

After arriving in the UK with a family permit can are you allowed to work then or must you wait for the COA for the EEA2?
Allowed to work from day 1 although she might find employers are not enthusiastic to employ someone with a 6 months visa (unless they are familiar with EU regulations).

tom_tom_tom
Newly Registered

Post by tom_tom_tom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:55 pm

ok excellent.. I assume you need a national insurance number to work? is it possible to get one when my wife's passport with the EEA family permit in it is with the home office for the EEA2 application? her only other ID is a japanese license (not in English)..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 pm

No idea if they will accept a Japanese licence. I suggest you call jobcentre and ask.