ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Shall i do ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JohnSori
Newly Registered

What Shall i do ?

Post by JohnSori » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:54 am

Hello everyone
first let me explain my situation I am working in Ireland for the last 2 years " hold Stamp 1" and everything is fine
my passport will expire in 3 months and we dont have an embassy in Dublin so i need to send my passport to the embassy in London and then they will send it back home "3rd world county !" which might take 3 to 4 months to return
my question is what shall i do if my passport didnt come back in time ?
what will happened to my GNIB card ?
im a bit worried about that
thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: What Shall i do ?

Post by ca.funke » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 am

Hi JohnSori,

while I don´t know the answer to your question, I strongly recommend you change the title of your thread according to >>this<<.

Rgds and good luck,
Christian

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:17 am

Hi JohnSori. You have to apply for your new passport urgently. You have to inform your Immigration Officer that your passport is expiring. You will not get a new card until you get your new passport. Don't worry. The Immigration officer will keep it on record that you are waiting for a new passport and u will get your gnib card once you get the new passport. As for the address that the Embassy will send your passport to, you need to ask them to send it to your current address, not your home country. Im not sure how that will work out, but I trust that they will do it. Good luck.