ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letter needs reason to apply early

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaymandalia

Cover letter needs reason to apply early

Post by jaymandalia » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi,
I have my PEO appointment in Glasgow on 22nd Feb. My Teir 1 expires on 31.05.12 but I want to get an early extension as my wife is expecting our first child in May.
Need your advice on whether to mention the reason for early extension in cover letter?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Jay

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi,

You don't need a reason for applying early. The decision rests solely with you and is of no concern to the Home Office. The only thing you should note which is also stated in the policy guidance is that applying early may create a gap making you unable to get ILR without another extension.

Kind Regards

jaymandalia

Post by jaymandalia » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 pm

thanks for your reply. Clarifies my doubt...

Cheers,
Jay

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 pm

if you're doing an in-person application for extension, and if you were thinking about a "reason" for early extension in order to secure the extension from current visa expiry date (rather than decision date), then i think you should take advantage of the opportunity you'll have to speak to a CW, and explain this - it's hard to imagine they wouldn't consider this an exceptional circumstance warranting an early extension.

if they approve your extension on the day, then they would also let you know the expiry date of the extension itself, so best to influence this when you're first handing over the documents at the PEO.

based on what i saw when i went to the croydon PEO, i think that if they're busy they'll only look at the bare minimum evidence that they need to process the application, so i would think that covering letters are bottom of that pile and probably only referred to if the other documents don't appear sufficient.

jaymandalia

Post by jaymandalia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:37 am

thanks for your reply, yes will talk to the case worker if I get a chance.

Cheers,
Jay