ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BEST BANK FOR DUPLICATE BANK STATEMENTS FOR UK VISA PURPOSE?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

globetrotter_ks

BEST BANK FOR DUPLICATE BANK STATEMENTS FOR UK VISA PURPOSE?

Post by globetrotter_ks » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:04 am

Hi i recently experienced so much of stress dealing with barclays bank. i lost my original statements and ordered duplicate copies after numerous requests to head office, they finally send it to me on plain paper and did it twice, branch guys at different branch refused to stamp or sign, call centre guys kept on telling me different things everytime.Branch people are very rude and not helpful at all.I tried help from 3 branch and spoke to thier branch managers.I even went to their head office in london at churchill square but even they werent helpful. i had to run from pillar to post to get my duplicate statements and chased them for 4 months. Bank was not at all helpful to me at all when i wanted them the most. Trust me guys never ever recommend barclays bank to anyone. Barclays bank is the worst bank i have ever dealt with and its worst than an Indian co operative bank.pls never ever recommend it to anyone specially if its visa related. Have seen many peoples visa getting rejected coz of incorrect format of duplicate bank statements.

Now as i have learnt a lesson i wanna change my main bank so that i dont have to go thru this stress again. guys What do u think is the best bank to deal with when it comes to duplicate bank statements for visa purpose, covering letter etc which is accepted by the home office and its easy to get them from bank even if its chargeable. lemme know please.

N2012

Post by N2012 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 am

I'm with HSBC and had absolutely no problems. Called them to ask for duplicate statements, for both bank account and saving account. The statements arrived less than a week later, and were identical to the regular statements except the word "duplicate". All pages on bank letterhead, all have my name on etc. The service did cost me though, but the price was reasonable.

I don't know whether they're the "best" and I never tried to ask them to stamp my statements (I understand that I don't need it with the statements I got) but so far everything was just fine.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:58 am

I second with N2012. Though they charge £10 for duplicate statement service was worth with HSBC. no hassels at all..

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:46 am

HSBC is hassle free about getting identical ad-hoc statements, you only need to allow 4/5 working days for delivery by post

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:53 am

But do these ad hoc statements from HSBC needs to be stamped or signed or need a covering letter ? Or just normal copies with word duplicate is acceptable by home office ?

ruvi
Newly Registered

Post by ruvi » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am

Natwest no problem got mine a less than a week on letter headed paper

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 am

globetrotter_ks wrote:But do these ad hoc statements from HSBC needs to be stamped or signed or need a covering letter ? Or just normal copies with word duplicate is acceptable by home office ?
No need of stamp/sign, these are on headed paper, no different from usual postal ones. The ones I got did not even have 'duplicate' written on them. That would be because I ordered them before my regular postal one was sent out. Duplicate or not, these are good enough.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:17 pm

I would say Lloyds Tsb. Got online statements stamped and signed for the full yr from 3 different accounts: Current, Savings and Business.
Give me more Karma (+)

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm

NATWEST is the best bank.when ever I requested any document ,they post me straight away.
I think you had bad experience with Barclay,but they are not so bad as you mentioned.they charge 5 pound for duplicate statements and post straight away. I don't know why they took 4 months in your case. I lost three months statements and requested barclays telephone banking services,they send me straight away.

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: BEST BANK FOR DUPLICATE BANK STATEMENTS FOR UK VISA PURP

Post by razian97 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:13 pm

globetrotter_ks wrote:Hi i recently experienced so much of stress dealing with barclays bank. i lost my original statements and ordered duplicate copies after numerous requests to head office, they finally send it to me on plain paper and did it twice, branch guys at different branch refused to stamp or sign, call centre guys kept on telling me different things everytime.Branch people are very rude and not helpful at all.I tried help from 3 branch and spoke to thier branch managers.I even went to their head office in london at churchill square but even they werent helpful. i had to run from pillar to post to get my duplicate statements and chased them for 4 months. Bank was not at all helpful to me at all when i wanted them the most. Trust me guys never ever recommend barclays bank to anyone. Barclays bank is the worst bank i have ever dealt with and its worst than an Indian co operative bank.pls never ever recommend it to anyone specially if its visa related. Have seen many peoples visa getting rejected coz of incorrect format of duplicate bank statements.

Now as i have learnt a lesson i wanna change my main bank so that i dont have to go thru this stress again. guys What do u think is the best bank to deal with when it comes to duplicate bank statements for visa purpose, covering letter etc which is accepted by the home office and its easy to get them from bank even if its chargeable. lemme know please.
if your statement have bank logo and is on bank official stationary than you do not need any stamp or covering letter for that.
please read this link carefully.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tatements/

vp77

BEST BANK FOR DUPLICATE BANK STATEMENTS FOR UK VISA PURP

Post by vp77 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi razian97,

You are right, Barclays did send the dup bank statatement in a weeks time on request but the format of the statement is wierd and does not conform to the UKBA requirements. The print is on plain A4 paper with a very different format from the original bank statement with no bank logo. When I went to the Ealing branch they told me this is what they can provide and maybe they can stamp & sign those A4 paper statement prints as certified true copy. Nothingmore than that.

I am due to apply for my wife's and kids dependant visa but i have lost my Dec statement from the series. and now stuck because they are not providing it on their letterhead or duplicate copy in the original bank statement format.

I'll now have to compulsorily wait till April to have original bank statement for last 3 months from Jan to Mar. Very annoying when we can't get a bnk statement inspite of maintaining good amt. of funds for visa application.

VP77