ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New requirements for Tier 1 dependant from the new Form?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ldbright

New requirements for Tier 1 dependant from the new Form?

Post by ldbright » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:39 pm

As my husband going through the new form which is valid from 14/02/12
(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf). He found these sentences in section N stating:

"Dependants of Tier 1 main applicants (Excluding Tier 1 Investor dependants)
You must have a minimum level of funds to support yourself. If you do not have the required level of funds the application will be refused"

Does this imply that
A) my husband has to show in his OWN bank account that he's met the maintenance found requirement
or
B) I can show in my OWN account (not joint account) that I can provide 900 Pounds for myself and 600 pounds for him. (900+600).

I have always believed that A is the right answer but now after reading sentence in section N makes rethink that the dependant himself need to show the maintenance separately now. I am not sure whether this is a new requirement for tier 1 extension from March that no one spotted or it is just my misunderstanding of English language.

Can someone please provide some calcification.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:05 pm

No one is concerned? Even you don't have answer for this, some discussion can also help.

There must be people who are going to extend tier 1 with dependants.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Sorry, I suspect there is a mistake in the new dependant form.
After completed N1, it indicate me to go back to K3, which I believe should be N3 as at that point, you should have completed K3.

If my assumption is correct and I go to N3 after N1 (rather than K3), it explained very clear that you can use either the main applicant or the dependant's own bank statement as maintenance evidence.

Hope this helps.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:53 am

67 people reviewed this post but not a single reply.....

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:22 am

ldbright wrote:Sorry, I suspect there is a mistake in the new dependant form.
After completed N1, it indicate me to go back to K3, which I believe should be N3 as at that point, you should have completed K3.

If my assumption is correct and I go to N3 after N1 (rather than K3), it explained very clear that you can use either the main applicant or the dependant's own bank statement as maintenance evidence.

Hope this helps.
I am going for PEO this Wednesday and I assume your assumption is right :)

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:52 am

It looks like they have misprinted it on the dependent form. So instead of K3 it should have been N3.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks!

Guess I was a little frustrated as so many people viewed the post but no one bothered to drop one line. I am sure it relevant to many of us.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Go to N3 instead K3.

Dependants can either show their Account or main applicant show his account to prove the maintenance funds.

Please note the funds required.

Main Application = 800
Dependant = 1600 (if Main applicant is in UK for less than 12 months)
= 533 (if Main applicant is in UK for more than 12 months)