ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving to university...need help...

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jkeerthan
Newly Registered

moving to university...need help...

Post by jkeerthan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:34 pm

hi guys...i know this is big but please....:(

i came to uk on sept 10 to do hnd in private college where i can finish my course in 18 months/low fee and move to 3rd year of a degree in uni,only after reaching london i realised i made a huge mistake by joining this college..no proper lecturers and no proper management and there is a chance of college losing its licence in the coming months.

now i am planning to move to a university for sept intake and i have the following doubts..

1. i ve got 7 in ielts(l:7.5,r:8,s:7.5,W:5)...i was worried if that low score in writing might affect my application....so before coming to uk i made an application to greenwich university for a degree in computer science and they gave me a unconditional offer letter saying that score is not a problem....

i read somewhere that a university can issue a cas letter without any selt certificates...is it really true???

2. established presence....am i coming under that category or ??
most prob ill be going to a uni inside london so it ll be either 2000 pounds or 7000 pounds???

All i ever wanted is to study and achieve something in my line of study....now all my hopes r vanishing :cry: ....hope u guys can help me

jkeerthan
Newly Registered

Post by jkeerthan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 am

anyone der??/

rayen
Newly Registered

Re: moving to university...need help...

Post by rayen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:42 pm

jkeerthan wrote:anyone der??/
Hi Jkeerthan,
I were is the same position as you are now. There is a chance to study at university but you need to make an initial application from UK and need to show money of 800 x 9 month= 7200 inner London + any fees owing to Uni. Some Uni ask to pay 50%.
If you can afford pay in full and you will get discount.
Regards to CAS letter if Uni accept your HNC or HND or ielts certificate, this will be written on the CAS letter. Then you need to provide the proof to ukba.

Wish you all the best...