ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon PEO Premium - not same day consideration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Croydon PEO Premium - not same day consideration

Post by t1app_usa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:00 am

I went for a premium appointment at Croydon PEO on Friday last week. I arranged through a lawyer/agent and was told that while I could submit my application and biometrics on the day, my application would not be considered until today (Feb 20). I have a trip planned in a few weeks and am nervous that it will not be considered in time.

Has anyone else had a similar experience of paying for same-day premium service but not getting a decision on the day? Do they process them quickly or do they tend to go into the same queue/timeline as postal applications? I need to decide soon to cancel my travels or not before it's too late to receive any refunds.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:31 am

Premium service does not guarantee same day decisions.

In cases where UKBA needs to perform additional checks, the decisions are delayed. In some cases the delay might just be because UKBA is extremely busy and can't process the application and provide a decision the same day.
Give me more Karma (+)

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Post by t1app_usa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:34 am

It is not for additional checks. I was told in advance I could either go to Liverpool for same day consideration or to Croydon for "within a few days" consideration because Croydon PEO has more cases to process and takes longer.

Assuming no additional checks are required (I have a very straightforward application) does anyone know if Croydon or UKBA in general honor premium applicants by actually working within a few days, or if now I can expect to wait for several weeks.

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 am

QuickSam is right. I had my application on 19th Dec2011 at Croydon PEO through a solicitor. Although it was a PEO application i had to wait for 3 days before they made the decision. Even mine was pretty straight forwrd application.
The cause was mainly the back logs they had to clear.
I think it shouldnt take more than 3 days unless there is some "IT" problems which happens these days quite consistently..

Good Luck

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Post by t1app_usa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks for the reply. 3 days is very manageable. Was that 3 business days or 3 days on the calendar?

I don't mind waiting a week or so, I just wanted to check that I'm not automatically going back into the postal queue. Of course I realize that if extra checks are required I might wait longer - just trying to get a sense of best case scenario. I still have nearly 2 weeks until my travel plans.

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm

3 working Days

supernova

Post by supernova » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:43 pm

I have applied at Liverpool PEO but the caseworker could not decide on the same day. She called me after a week informing that my case has been referred to Sheffied PEO for further checks (I had multiple earning sources).

They finally decided on my application and sent me the documents on 12th Feb which is definitely faster than the postal application.

Other forum members may have different experiences.

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Post by t1app_usa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks. As I have said, if further checks are required, I expect to go into the postal queue.

I am trying to get information from people who submitted their application on the day of PEO appointment but did not get the application considered on the day. My application has not yet been seen by any caseworker. I just want to know if Croydon will look at it early this week - as they told my lawyer - or if they are experiencing delays that could affect the timing of a decision.

I have earnings only from one employer and have not been self-employed or unemployed during any period in the last 15 months, so I believe my application is very straightforward.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Thats quite surprising that they mentioned you that. I had appointment on 17/02 as well and mine was straight forward application. My appointment was at 11.45 and got the decision by 4.30 without much problem.

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Post by t1app_usa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:48 pm

bond.boy203 wrote:Thats quite surprising that they mentioned you that. I had appointment on 17/02 as well and mine was straight forward application. My appointment was at 11.45 and got the decision by 4.30 without much problem.
My original appointment was at a different PEO, my lawyer found out about a last minute Croydon spot the day beforehand. The condition of switching to Croydon last minute was that there would not be same-day consideration but it would be done by today latest.

Had I gone to the original PEO appointment I would have had same day, but that also would have required taking a day off work and traveling 2.5 hrs each way to Liverpool - and the original appointment date was end of this week, so I thought it was an advantage to switch.

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Post by t1app_usa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 am

Just to update, heard from lawyer that my application was considered and approved yesterday. Expect to get docs back this week.

So the answer is that Croydon PEO at least is honoring its timings and considering premium cases (straightforward ones at least) within 1-2 business days if not on the day itself.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:58 am

t1app_usa wrote:Just to update, heard from lawyer that my application was considered and approved yesterday. Expect to get docs back this week.

So the answer is that Croydon PEO at least is honoring its timings and considering premium cases (straightforward ones at least) within 1-2 business days if not on the day itself.
Good News... I believe you paid fee via Banker's Draft right. Do we need to enter Cheque Number field in Appln form ?

Pls suggest quickly

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Post by ckdeepak » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 am

One question: Do they inform you about not being able to decide on the same day before paying the fee or after paying the fee?

I am travelling outside of the UK every week for work. So I cannot afford to leave my passport at the PEO office. I would like to apply for an extension on a later date, if they cannot decide on the same day. I would lose the fee, if they inform me about this after paying the fee. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:01 pm

pegakrishna wrote:
t1app_usa wrote:Just to update, heard from lawyer that my application was considered and approved yesterday. Expect to get docs back this week.

Good News... I believe you paid fee via Banker's Draft right. Do we need to enter Cheque Number field in Appln form ?

Pls suggest quickly
yes. the cheque number, sort code and account number can be found ont he draft (they are NOT your account number and sort code).

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:34 pm

@ ckdeepak

Case consideration is made only after the fee payment in PEO appointment and non refundable as well

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Post by ckdeepak » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:31 pm

@bond.boy203

Thanks for the reply!