ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA : A FEW QUESTIONS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EssZee
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA : A FEW QUESTIONS

Post by EssZee » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 am

Hi ,
I recently got married , my wife is in Pakistan preparing for IELTS as we intend to file her visa application later this year . I have an indefinite leave to stay in UK and I am currently working .
I have a few questions , I would appreciate if someone could answer or redirect me to the thread where these are being discussed already .

1 . I am showing three months bank statements in form of a savings account , please note this is not my current account where my monthly income is deposited . Will that be any problem . Also will £3000 be sufficient funds to show as maintenance .

2. Does my wife also needs to show any of her savings , she is not working at the moment .

3 . Do I need to certify / verify my passport or visa page from a solicitor before submitting a copy with the application .

4 . I have registered my Nikkah Nama with the foreign office in Karachi , the registered copy was the standard literal translation from the notary public . Now I have been advised by a friend to get a FRC certificate or Nikkah Nama ennglish print out from Nadra office and get it registered from thr Union Council ? Any information regarding this ?

Also last but not the least can someone direct me to a thread (if there is one) where we have timelines for spouse application from Pakistan . I remember such a post when I was filing my ILR and it was really helpful .

Thanks in advance for taking out time to answer my questions and keep up the good work peeps . good Luck to ya all .

hur575

Re: SPOUSE VISA : A FEW QUESTIONS

Post by hur575 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:24 pm

EssZee wrote:Hi ,
I recently got married , my wife is in Pakistan preparing for IELTS as we intend to file her visa application later this year . I have an indefinite leave to stay in UK and I am currently working .
I have a few questions , I would appreciate if someone could answer or redirect me to the thread where these are being discussed already .

1 . I am showing three months bank statements in form of a savings account , please note this is not my current account where my monthly income is deposited . Will that be any problem . Also will £3000 be sufficient funds to show as maintenance .
I think that might be a problem, a saving is not required it is an added bonus but a bank statement for your ongoing and your salary it is a must for at least 3 months. I am not sure on this point and I stand to be corrected, why are you not submitting bank statement?? It will defiantly raise suspicion!!
EssZee wrote:

2. Does my wife also needs to show any of her savings , she is not working at the moment .
No, she does not have to.
EssZee wrote:

3 . Do I need to certify / verify my passport or visa page from a solicitor before submitting a copy with the application .
The advice here that you should, it only cost a fiver by most solicitors, I did not when I sponsored my husband, I just forgot that bit and I was scared but thank God my husband got the visa.
EssZee wrote:
4 . I have registered my Nikkah Nama with the foreign office in Karachi , the registered copy was the standard literal translation from the notary public . Now I have been advised by a friend to get a FRC certificate or Nikkah Nama ennglish print out from Nadra office and get it registered from thr Union Council ? Any information regarding this ?

Sorry no idea, try to put your query on Pakistan’s thread, I am sure you will get some info regarding this.
EssZee wrote: Also last but not the least can someone direct me to a thread (if there is one) where we have timelines for spouse application from Pakistan . I remember such a post when I was filing my ILR and it was really helpful .

Thanks in advance for taking out time to answer my questions and keep up the good work peeps . good Luck to ya all .
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... ing-times/

Best of luck.