ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any PEO experience for Birmingham Solihull?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ldbright

Any PEO experience for Birmingham Solihull?

Post by ldbright » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi everyone

Managed to book a PEO appointment at Birmingham Solihull later next month, however, I heard some bad feedbacks from a friends saying the case worker he had wasn't very friendly. I am a bit worried as sometimes the caseworker's experience and attitude does make things different on the day.

Can anyone share experiences (any) regarding PEO at Solihull so that I can get some all-around information about Solihull.

Many Thanks

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 am

I had very unpleasant experience during my extension in Dec 2011
I was sent back for difference in the decimal points between sal slip and bank statement (15p difference) in my 4 months salary slips. This too after producing a letter of explanation for that difference from my employer!!
CW refused to consider the rest of the 8 months sal slips which were sufficient enough for earning the points.
It again depends on the CW, 2 other friends of mine had their's extended the same day as mine.
my advice is make sure everything is 100% correct and carry every possible docs in a seperate folder.

Good luck

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 pm

pkat wrote:I had very unpleasant experience during my extension in Dec 2011
I was sent back for difference in the decimal points between sal slip and bank statement (15p difference) in my 4 months salary slips. This too after producing a letter of explanation for that difference from my employer!!
CW refused to consider the rest of the 8 months sal slips which were sufficient enough for earning the points.
It again depends on the CW, 2 other friends of mine had their's extended the same day as mine.
my advice is make sure everything is 100% correct and carry every possible docs in a seperate folder.

Good luck
That sounds very unpleasant reading it and could only imagine what you had to go through. But to give some credit to CW, they have unfortunately very strict guidelines to follow and especially in current climate, they just need one tiny bit to refuse/hold your case.

@ OP - I have an appointment in 3 weeks time, and will post my feedback then.

Ta,
R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. From the information I gathered, it seems that Solihull is a bit over rated as few CW do not give people a chance to explain when a case is a little bit complicated but still reasonable.

I think understanding should be two way traffic, I understand that CW are under pressure to process cases according strict guidelines, but they do not have to behave the 'computer says no' lady in little Britain.

It is hard enough to stay up till mid night to grab an appointment while most of us still need to go to work the next morning. In addition, we pay £1300 + for the appointment and travel for hours to attend the interview. When you take all these into consideration, treat people with patience and being friendly really are not to much to ask.

Will stop moaning now, I hope, all the PEO locations are providing same level services and the most important thing is the case itself rather than the mood of an individual.