ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Birmingham Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghs007
Newly Registered

ILR success at Birmingham Solihull

Post by ghs007 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:54 am

Hello Friends,

Here is my experience with Home office for my ILR application.

Appointment at Birmingham Solihull at 9:30, we reached there 9:00.

After security checks we did wait for around 40 mins before getting called by CW. My case was straight forward as I am full time employed and have been in service for last 5 years on work permit + Tier 1, never had any convictions and total absence from UK were under 80 days.

Documents requested by CW -

Application Form
Photographs
Absence list
Passports, Biometric cards
LIUK certificates
PaySlips (last 12 months) to check points scored.
Bank Statements for last 12 months
P60 from last year
Initial Work Permit letter from HO and Tier 1 letter from HO

Cohabitation documents -
one Bank Statement from 2010, 2011 each on my wife and my name.

I took along quite a few extra documents specially for cohabitation -
NHS registration cards and communications (B)
DVLA communications (B)
HMRC communications (B)
Letter from employers (B)
Electoral Registration letters (B)
and few more which I dont remember now.

B - both my wife and my self.

Hope this will help someone, please feel free to contact me if I can be of any more help.

regards

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Congrats ghs007

Good to hear that it all went good for you. Just wondering I am on the same plane as you were WP+Tier 1 and as per your list that you have been asked for the WP letter from HO? Is that the document you have included in the information provided or it has particularly asked by CW. The reason I asked this question is I do not have the WP letter with me therefore what should I do?

Thanks

ghs007
Newly Registered

WP letter

Post by ghs007 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 pm

umeruzair, I've listed that document on my form but I dont think CW did look at the form for the list of documents, she particularly asked me if I have WP letter. Not sure what would have been her response if I didn't have that doc. But I believe your WP stamp on passport should also be sufficient for them to prove that you were here on work permit, it might be good idea to have some deputation letter from your WP employer (I did carry that along, but was never asked for that).

Hope this helps, feel free to contact if I can be of any help.

Good luck