ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd extension under Tier 1 (Intiial application under HSMP)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salonbalm

2nd extension under Tier 1 (Intiial application under HSMP)

Post by salonbalm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Dear all,

I got my HSMP approval in Oct 2007 and came to UK in jan08 (after 3 months). I applied to extension under Tier 1 in 2009 under Tier 1 and its valid till oct 2012.

Now I need to apply for an extension but I am unable to caluclate points under "Points Calculator" on home office site as it doesnt allow me to select intial approval date before 2008.

Could you please advice what category I need to apply under for extension as my 5 years would be complete in Jan 2013 and I am 3 months short right now?

Please help!

Thanks,
Salonbalm

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi,

You would need to extend your status in Tier 1. Why are you bothered/confused about what category to apply under when you are already in Tier 1?

In addition, don't bother with the calculator, as sometimes it gives incorrect answers. I would recommend that you base your decisions on the current policy guidance and not the calculator.

Kind Regards

MB243

Re: 2nd extension under Tier 1 (Intiial application under HS

Post by MB243 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm

salonbalm wrote:Now I need to apply for an extension but I am unable to caluclate points under "Points Calculator" on home office site as it doesnt allow me to select intial approval date before 2008.
Initial approval date will be date of first successfull Tier 1 application & not HSMP

salonbalm

Post by salonbalm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 pm

I am confused as i dont have a msters degree and tier 1 needs masters as minimum. when i applied for extension under hsmp i was allowed to extend under tier1 with bachelors degree.

Please advise

MB243

Post by MB243 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 pm

salonbalm wrote:I am confused as i dont have a msters degree and tier 1 needs masters as minimum. when i applied for extension under hsmp i was allowed to extend under tier1 with bachelors degree.

Please advise

Dude, its written all over this forum tht u will get same points for Tier 1 extension as you got for initial application...maybe reading up on guidance notes & doin a bit of searchin wudnt take as much effort as postin repeatedly the same thing again & again

Goodluck

salonbalm

Post by salonbalm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks all.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Even for second extention ... There is a question asking whether you in country under HSMP ... I am hoping that answer will be YES? ... coz if that is YES then they specifically ask you to enter some date.

Kindly confirm?

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Well guys, this point calculator is indeed not very clear as it should be.

For example if some one entered UK with HSMP on 2007, and extended his leave and get new Tier-1 ( HSMP was abolished by than ) on 2009.

what that person should write in point calculator? It mentions about first successfully Tier-1 ( NOT HSMP).

Technically his first Tier-1 was issued on 2009, when there was no point for bachelor degree. and you can not choose the date prior to 2008. point calculator should let you choose 2007 when you first applied for HSMP because that is the criteria he will be assessed on, not the first successful Tier-1 which is on 2009.

So without any doubt, point calculator is not really very clear about that, even though on their guidance note it is clear that, the applicant will get same point as previous HSMP which was on 2007. I hope it makes sense.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Here is what calculator provides

- Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application.
10/04/2010
Help on this question (opens new window)

- Are you in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)? If you think you may be covered by the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document see 'Help on this question' before answering this question. (if you say YES) then it will say ...
You must enter a first successful application date of 29/02/2008 if you are seeking to extend your stay having been granted leave under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

So does that mean you need to go by the date of 29/02/2008?
Kindly confirm

salonbalm

Post by salonbalm » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Can someone please clarify?

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:11 am

pkumar wrote:Here is what calculator provides

- Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application.
10/04/2010
Help on this question (opens new window)

- Are you in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)? If you think you may be covered by the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document see 'Help on this question' before answering this question. (if you say YES) then it will say ...
You must enter a first successful application date of 29/02/2008 if you are seeking to extend your stay having been granted leave under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

So does that mean you need to go by the date of 29/02/2008?
Kindly confirm

Help says the below:

If you are applying under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system this must be on or after 29 February 2008. If you first successfully applied under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), Self Employed Lawyers concession or the Writers, Composers and Artists category and you are applying under Tier 1 (General) enter 29 February 2008.
There is only one permanent thing in life and that is change !!!

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm

salonbalm wrote:thanks mate.

so do I apply for ILR in october first week (within 28 days) as my leave expires on 31 oct?
This is just a personal opinion. If I were you, I would apply as late as possible in October as you are already short of 2 months and 8 days. You will get grace for that period as you came late but don't apply too early that the case worker combine all the time and it goes above 3 months. Whats the rush. Waited this long, few more days wont kill nobody. Apply in last week of October. One more time, this is just a personal suggestion. I don't know what is your situation. May be you are in urgency. Good Luck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 16, 2012 11:55 pm

All posts in this topic relating to ILR have been moved to the appropriate forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!