ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need some urgent help!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neenad100
Newly Registered

need some urgent help!!

Post by neenad100 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 am

Hello,

I need some suggestions urgently!

I have done BSc degree from my home country (non-EU) and completed MBA from a UK university with Distinction. Now I just got the post study work visa which will be finished at January, 2014. I am doing some part time jobs and looking for a full time job right now.

As I am trying very hard to get a full time position, recently I was invited to give a numerical SHL test online for an organisation, I have practised thoroughly then completed the test. now I got a mail from them to attend to a assessment day.

Basically, as I dont know much about the TIER 2 and sponsorship, I have some confusion that if they ask that if I need any work permit to work in the UK, what should I say?

One of my friend told me that, if someone having a post study work visa and get a job which salary is more than £20000(year), after 6 month, he can apply for TIER-2 Visa and dont need to have a sponsorship because he came from post study work background.

If I have any job offer, do I need to ask the employer that if they are going to sponsor me in future? I have heard that asking about sponsorship will have a negative effect in the recruitment process.

I know I can work full time in this post study work period. But if I get a full time job, what will be my next step to work in the UK?

I am quite worried about this situation.

please give me some suggestions...

thank you.

neenad100

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm

first of all wish you gud luck for your future assessment.

Regarding TIER 2 sponsorship you have plenty of time to get that sorted. You can check whether your company is on register of sponsors so that they will be ready to sponsor you.

If they are already on the list then its easy for you. Otherwise you have enuf time to get that sorted if you could convince them to get this job.

switching from PSW requires not just 20K salary, there are job specific codes that you need to satisfy. For ex. programmer needs to earn 26K salary per annum. You can check yours on the SOC list.

Also you need to work more than 6 months to get exempted from RLMT.

first you work on your assessment and get the job. In between you can look on register of sponsors for your company name. If they are already there then they will not object you much as far as visa is concerned. If they are not on the list and visa is their concern then convince them that its an easy process and you are going to take care of that.

ALL THE BEST :)

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:02 pm

You friend has misinformed you. Please do not take advice from people who have no idea how the TIER2 really works.

TIER2 is a company sponsored visa so your company MUST register with home office and then you MUST satisfy necessary requirements to be eligible to be sponsored. (If you are on PSW you must work more than 6 months be excempted from RLMT, You MUST earn according to SOC, the 20K is only a minimum requirement but the salary levels are usually higher than 20K, you must satisfy English requirements etc)

Once your employer issues you with a COS you can proceed with a TIER2.

I think you have plenty of time to plan this but keep in mind immigration rules change all the time.

Good luck with your job search. Get yourself a solid job first, you got plenty of time..
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

neenad100
Newly Registered

Post by neenad100 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 pm

koolguykvs and madona587,

Thank you so much for your quick response and valuable information. It has been very helpful to me.

thanx again. Tc