ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply provisional driving licence if you have a COA?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cutesmile
Newly Registered

Can we apply provisional driving licence if you have a COA?

Post by cutesmile » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 pm

I wondering if we can apply PDL while eea2 application in process...i made a application on 8th november 2011 and i have my coa on 8th december 2011 still waiting Rc.......i have a job and they require me to drive,my question is can i apply provisional driving licence with COA and photocopy of my passport?

Any information about it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Call DVLA but I would guess - not.

A photocopy is not a very credible proof of ID. I would not want them to be issuing a licence (which serve as ID document for banks etc) based on a photocopy.

If you have an foreign licence and you are less than 1 year resident in the UK, your foreign licence is still valid (up to 1 year from becoming resident).

cutesmile
Newly Registered

Post by cutesmile » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Jambo wrote:Call DVLA but I would guess - not.

A photocopy is not a very credible proof of ID. I would not want them to be issuing a licence (which serve as ID document for banks etc) based on a photocopy.

If you have an foreign licence and you are less than 1 year resident in the UK, your foreign licence is still valid (up to 1 year from becoming resident).
Thanks jumbo.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

Jambo wrote: If you have an foreign licence and you are less than 1 year resident in the UK, your foreign licence is still valid (up to 1 year from becoming resident).
Depends on the country that issued the driver licence. If it is a EU country licence it will be valid indefinitely.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 am

Nimitta wrote: If it is a EU country licence it will be valid indefinitely.
True. EU licences are actually valid until the age of 70 or 3 years of residence (the later between the two) but I guess that is considered indefinitely....