ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How should i proceed for tier 2 application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sushiltl
Newly Registered

How should i proceed for tier 2 application

Post by sushiltl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:10 pm

hi,
i am on PSW which expries in dec 2012. i have been working for company as part time like whenever there is some problem in IT they used to call me.
last month i have been offered a full time job with 25k as IT techinician. after working for 1 month i spoke to my director about my visa, he said that company is ready to sponsor and he asked me to find out all the details how to proceed for sponsor visa, since company was not registered in UKBA list.

i read most of tier 2 documents. what i understood is..

1. company should apply for sponsor license
2. company should give me COS
3. then i should apply for tier 2 general visa along with COS, pay slips, bank statement.

i also read that if i am switching from PSW to tier 2 then there is no need of RMLT. provided if i am working from last 6 months.

1. my question eventhough i was working for same company from last 1yr as part time, but full time job started only from last month. should i wait for another 5 months then apply for sponsor visa so that company dont have to do RMLT, since i am switching from PSW.

2. is there any way i can apply to sponsor visa since i have started working full time from last month

friends pls give me some suggestions.

thanks in advance

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: How should i proceed for tier 2 application

Post by madona587 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:49 pm

sushiltl wrote:hi,
i am on PSW which expries in dec 2012. i have been working for company as part time like whenever there is some problem in IT they used to call me.
last month i have been offered a full time job with 25k as IT techinician. after working for 1 month i spoke to my director about my visa, he said that company is ready to sponsor and he asked me to find out all the details how to proceed for sponsor visa, since company was not registered in UKBA list.

i read most of tier 2 documents. what i understood is..

1. company should apply for sponsor license
2. company should give me COS
3. then i should apply for tier 2 general visa along with COS, pay slips, bank statement.

i also read that if i am switching from PSW to tier 2 then there is no need of RMLT. provided if i am working from last 6 months.

1. my question eventhough i was working for same company from last 1yr as part time, but full time job started only from last month. should i wait for another 5 months then apply for sponsor visa so that company dont have to do RMLT, since i am switching from PSW.

Best wait for 5 months and complete your 6 months to avoid the RLMT (Given your job is generic it will be difficult to satisfy the RLMT. I'm not saying its not a good job but its a generic job where there will be lot of UK residents who could do the same job) But keep in mind rules change in April and they might bring in new rules. My advice is work for 6 months before applying and get your company to use the time to apply for license.

2. is there any way i can apply to sponsor visa since i have started working full time from last month

No cause your company is not yet registered with UKBA and have to conduct a RLMT since you haven't worked there for the last 6 months.

friends pls give me some suggestions.

thanks in advance
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

sushiltl
Newly Registered

Post by sushiltl » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 am

thanks for info madona... :)

as you said that it is better to wait for 5 months and apply for tier 2. i got one more doubt, company has offered me full time role last month without doing any RLMT. so if i wait for 5 months and apply for tier 2, will ukba questions my company for offering me job without RLMT..as my recruitment is purely internal.

thanks in advance..

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 am

sushiltl wrote:thanks for info madona... :)

as you said that it is better to wait for 5 months and apply for tier 2. i got one more doubt, company has offered me full time role last month without doing any RLMT. so if i wait for 5 months and apply for tier 2, will ukba questions my company for offering me job without RLMT..as my recruitment is purely internal.

thanks in advance..
It doesn't matter cause you were hired for your job full time or part time while you were on PSW. It's the category which has no restriction on your working hours, company specific etc...So no they won't question.

sushiltl
Newly Registered

Post by sushiltl » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:53 pm

thanks for all replies madona..

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:44 pm

sushiltl wrote:thanks for all replies madona..
You are welcome Boss.. Good luck.