ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for child of person settled in UK but born in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikrant_kale
Newly Registered

Visa for child of person settled in UK but born in India

Post by vikrant_kale » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I need some help to apply for my daughter born in India.

I am the father of daughter living in UK on ILR visa. My Wife is on Tier-1 dependant visa as she is not yet eligible for ILR ( She was sent back from Public Enquiry office, Croydon when we had taken an application to apply for her settlement visa FLR(M) just after I got my ILR and they advised that it is not required as her Tier-1 dependant visa is valid until December 2012 ).

My Daughter is born in India in December 2011 and we applied her PR dependant visa ( VAF4A) but last week we have received a call from British High commission in Mumbai, India asking us to withdraw the application. The reason they are giving us is that as the mother is on Tier-1 dependant visa they can not grant the settlement visa though the father ( myself ) on ILR.

I have sent them an email with all the details and have explained them the scenario, still awaiting the reply.

My Questions are -

1. What are the chances that they will reconsider my request and grant settlement visa for my daughter?

2. If they reject the application whats the best way to get my daughter ASAP in UK?

vinny

Re: Visa for child of person settled in UK but born in India

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:26 pm

vikrant_kale wrote:I am the father of daughter living in UK on ILR visa. My Wife is on Tier-1 dependant visa as she is not yet eligible for ILR ( She was sent back from Public Enquiry office, Croydon when we had taken an application to apply for her settlement visa FLR(M) just after I got my ILR and they advised that it is not required as her Tier-1 dependant visa is valid until December 2012 ).
That's inconsistent with previous advice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vikrant_kale
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant_kale » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks Vinny.

But to apply setllement visa will take another 2 months for my wife to bring here and more importantly BHC Mumbai have not yet rejected visa application for my daughter instead they are asking me to withdraw which is bit weird.

What could be the reason that they are asking me to withdraw instead of rejecting the application?

whats the way forward in my case?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:05 pm

I think that your wife should apply for FLR(M) sooner rather than later. Subsequently, after grant of FLR(M), child may apply for a child settlement visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vikrant_kale
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant_kale » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Can I apply FLR(M) and child's settlement visa at the same time ?

Because if I apply one after the other it will take 4 months.

Instead is it advisable to apply for tier- 1 dependant for daughter ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Unfortunately, FLR(M) and child settlement visa applications are in different countries. The latter is dependent on the former.

I don't think that your daughter can apply as a Tier 1 dependant as you are no longer a Tier 1 holder.

vikrant_kale
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant_kale » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:34 am

I understand FLR(M) can not be applied from outside UK and as my wife is in India she wont be able to apply for that.

I am totally confused now -

British high commission is suggesting to apply in Tier-1 dependant category. But as you said Vinny if I am not on Tier-1 visa anymore how that can be applied.

Also if they think I have applied the visa in wrong category why they are not rejecting the visa and asking to withdraw application myself?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 pm

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:58 am

I think that they are asking you to withdraw to save your child being refused in the category applied for .
Why not ask them to hold the application and submit your wifes application quickly so they can be considered together
pennyless

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Same situation

Post by sahalyabaskar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi vikhrant

I'm on the same situation now.. My husband is on ILR and I came to India as Tier 1 dependent for my delivery and my visa is still valid. And we have applied for child of a settled person visa for my daughter and waiting for result. We applied on dec 27th 2013 and no updates yet. Can u tell me what happened in ur case. It would be very useful for us if u can reply back asap.

Thanks
Pavithra

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Could u pls reply.. its really urgent