ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration stamps on the Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ntp1123
Newly Registered

Immigration stamps on the Passport

Post by ntp1123 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi all,

Could any of you please advise if when creating the schedule for absences from UK, I have to state each and every stamp on my passport? Should I address only the dates left and returned to UK or if during a business trip or personal leave, if I have travelled to multiple countries, should I list them all?
Will the Caseworker while inspecting the passport go through each and every stamp in the passport?

My passport currently have the immigration stamps of all the countries I went to during the period I was out of UK.

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
NTP

Smallfamily

Re: Immigration stamps on the Passport

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm

You have to list all of them. Caseworker can match those dates. HO does have an access to every applicant's entry and exit dates.

Post by 1971 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Yes. Important you state all the dates you left the UK, where you went and dates you came into the UK

Cheers

"Whoever has the Gold makes the rules. I wear the clothes, they don't wear me."

ntp1123
Newly Registered

Post by ntp1123 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify my question further:

I travelled to Egypt from UK on 2nd of Oct 2011 as part of a business trip and returned finally to UK on the 21st of Dec 2011. Now, the Heathrow entry stamp is given in my passport.
Now, during this period, I also travelled to Middle East (Dubai) from 6th of November to 13th of November. This was mainly a personal holiday. Dubai immigration have stamped my entry and exit in the passport.
Do I have to list the Dubai trip in absence schedule as there is a stamp on the passport?

Hope someone can please advise as I am preparing the Absence Schedule currently and its really trying me....

Thanks and regards,

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:46 pm

ntp1123 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify my question further:

I travelled to Egypt from UK on 2nd of Oct 2011 as part of a business trip and returned finally to UK on the 21st of Dec 2011. Now, the Heathrow entry stamp is given in my passport.
Now, during this period, I also travelled to Middle East (Dubai) from 6th of November to 13th of November. This was mainly a personal holiday. Dubai immigration have stamped my entry and exit in the passport.
Do I have to list the Dubai trip in absence schedule as there is a stamp on the passport?

Hope someone can please advise as I am preparing the Absence Schedule currently and its really trying me....

Thanks and regards,
No...just mentioned those which are UK entry or UK exit dates. cheers

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Caseworker can match those dates. HO does have an access to every applicant's entry and exit dates.
Categorically untrue!

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:15 pm

settled_now wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:Caseworker can match those dates. HO does have an access to every applicant's entry and exit dates.
Categorically untrue!
No its not because HO wants to see the UK entry and UK exit dates... not the ones which are for on-going travel.

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:10 am

When I say categorically untrue, I am saying that "HO does have an access to every applicant's entry and exit dates".

The only tool they have to go by is your passport stamps!!

Just search this forum for SAR reports and see what results people get.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm

settled_now wrote:When I say categorically untrue, I am saying that "HO does have an access to every applicant's entry and exit dates".

The only tool they have to go by is your passport stamps!!

Just search this forum for SAR reports and see what results people get.
So, by this logic, if you passport with the stamps gets stolen/lost, you can kiss you ILR goodby, for another 5 years? Just because you can't show the stamps?

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Actually no, as the caseworker guidance specifically states in cases were residency matters are not clear, benefit of doubt should be gien to the applicant.

"Passports will not necessarily be stamped to show embarkation from the United Kingdom. In these and other circumstances (e.g. involving lost or stolen passports), applicants should be given the benefit of any doubt where claimed absences cannot be otherwise verified but are within the limits we would normally allow and there are no grounds to doubt the accuracy of the claim."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary