ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shengen visa to UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lifeland2
Newly Registered

Shengen visa to UK

Post by Lifeland2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Dears
I am a doctor (radiologist) from Kurdistan, northren iraq.. I have FRCR ( fellow of Royal College of Radiologist) part one examination in the spring 2012 ( 5 & 6 March) in london..i have paid all the fees for that examination..then i applied for UK visa, but unfortunately i got UK visa refusal. I applied recently for schengen visa (for a radiology conference) from Germany Consulate and they granted me. If i tried to go to calaise and then to go to Devor UK and then to London( for two days only) by a train ( two ways; reurn), is there a chance to be arrested from uk side and what will be the consequence of arrest.
I Hope that i will get answer from your kind side ( AEAP)..
Thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Shengen visa to UK

Post by ca.funke » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Lifeland2 wrote:...unfortunately i got UK visa refusal...schengen visa...from Germany...and they granted me.

If i tried to go to calaise and then to go to Devor UK ...is there a chance to be arrested from uk side and what will be the consequence of arrest...
No UK visa, no UK entrance.

Without a UK visa you will most probably not make it onto the train to London. If you do, chances of arrest in the UK (on arrival) are close to 100%.

I do not know about the consequences.

My advice: Do not try to go!

(Sorry, just the messenger here, I wish they had given you the visa.)

Lifeland2
Newly Registered

Post by Lifeland2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Dear ca.funke

Thank you for your kind and early advise..i'd like to ask yoo (if possible) about applying uk visa again in Berlin ( uk embassy)..but i have very limited time (no more than 10 days), is there is a chance to get visa in a short time if i get sponsership from a doctor there ( uk citizen)?

And i heard about something called ( landing permission) for uk..is it real or possible?

Deep thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Not worth even thinking about. If you have been refused at home, they are unlikely to immediately grant you the visa in Germany.

Enjoy your time in Germany! It is a nice place!

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:25 pm

what reasons did they give for your refusal is it something you can address and apply again.
pennyless