ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can american nationals apply for a visa while visiting uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raheelalam
Newly Registered

can american nationals apply for a visa while visiting uk

Post by raheelalam » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi,

I've got ILR and applying for my wife's dependent visa (FLR M), she is currently in the UK.

I have also got an 18months old son who is an American national, got American passport and also currently in the UK, visiting me (with no visa as american national don't need a visa for atleast six months)

My question is, can i apply for my sons visa as well when applying for my wife's visa using FLR M form. Can the HomeOffice raise any concern that my son don't have any visa and would need to go back to america and apply it from there (he is only 18months and dependent on me)?

Regards,

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 am

previously you asked about applying for your wife and child's Tier 1 dependant visa , why did you not apply for this when your wife applied ?
pennyless

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 am

a child of any nationality can switch to limited leave to remain (with a view to settlement) under para 301
as long as s/he has limited leave to enter/remain in the UK (see para 301 (v)) and meets the other requirements of this paragraph.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:31 am

Yes. Fortunately, 302 excludes 301(vi).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.