ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration lawyer - glasgow

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

legit2011

Immigration lawyer - glasgow

Post by legit2011 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Hello everyone, I intend applying for my ILR soon, can anyone advice of a renowned immigration lawayer in glasgow who can assist me...thanks

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Settled you are threading on very thin ice.

The decent people and authority on this forum will not put up with a situation, where fellow members are harassed and taunted.

Please dont push us.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Just a moment. If you take a look at the time of the warning you issued to me, you will note I immidiately edited the comment you warned me on, followed by coming over here and attempting to remove the post I made here.

Since removing all text was not possible I replaced the text with what is here now - no taunting intended.

One thing you should understand ( and this is the reason for nasty posts regarding this person ) is many people have very strong feelings about the crime of driving under the influence of alcohol - particularily when it has effected their lives ( like mine ). If you care to take a look, there is a post by another individual stating "driving drunk carries a huge fine and risk to public lives. " right here:

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

As a matter of fact, it was towards the same person I am being accused of taunting.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Settled now i accept drinking under the influence of Alcohol is very wrong indeed. It can cause devastation and irrepairable damage to the lives of people

A friend of mine, who i was fortunate to be one of the best man at his wedding lost his wife under these circumstance. It was a painful experience for us all.

It is difficult to generalise. We never know what the state of mind of the person was at that period. I accept that this does provide a justification for such action, but it is a mitigating factor that ought to be considered

It is important to note that it is not wrong to drink and drive, but exceeding the limit is what causes the problem.

There is no indication that OP is a bad person. Yes he did something which may be condidered as wrong and he has undertaken the reabilitation course, there has been no repeat of such behaviour, he has a high skilled position, pays taxes and contribute positively to UK economy, his conviction might even be spent by Scotlands standard.

I believe he deserves a second chance indeed. He is not a prolific offender.
Fortunately he has learnt and thankfully no harm was done to anyone as a result of his mistake.

I am pretty sure without a shred of doubt that all of us have made some terrible mistakes at some point in our lives.

Please drop it. I saw the link you posted and it ws totally unjustified.

I am glad you recogniced this and did the appropriate thing.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 pm

@obie...thanks for addressing this issue..I really felt insulted by settled's post..I have been reading the post since then but I felt the best way was to allow the moderators of this forum to address the matter in a matured manner .....which you have surely done beyond my expectation..I must state that I really appreciate the way you handled it.. ..Thanks