ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Marriage ... With EU Member

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Luka1986
Newly Registered

Non EU Marriage ... With EU Member

Post by Luka1986 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello everyone this is my first post on this website I heard that this is the best website about immigration problems in whole world so I decided to ask for help in here

My name is Lukas and I was born in Poland but 6 years ago I moved to this beautiful country called Ireland.
2 years ago I meet love of my life, and I want to marry her and stay in Ireland where we can work and live for the rest of our lives. The problem is she is not from the EU, and Ireland is not in the Schengen zone (why Ireland never sign that?), so I really confused what to do....
I know even if we will get married she want be able to come in stay and work in Ireland, because I hold only Polish passport. The best solution would be if I will apply for Irish passport, but this can take soooo much time.

What are our options? is there any other way than me applying for Irish citizenship??

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Non EU Marriage ... With EU Member

Post by ca.funke » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi Łuka1986,

it´s easier if you do not have Irish nationality! (Difference between passport and nationality >>here<<)

Reason is that in this case 2004/38/EC applies to you. (You will find this term a lot throughout the forum, and 2004/38/EC will soon be your best friend!)

What´s the nationality of your wife? Can she enter Ireland visa-free?

Once you married her she will be allowed to travel to Ireland without a visa. See >>here<<, Part 2.

If she has a nationality that allows her to enter Ireland visa-free, just marry her in Ireland. Otherwise I recommend Cyprus: Easy entry, you will receive an English marriage certificate which will be easily accepted in Ireland. (You have to get the hague-apostel in the ministry of foreign affairs in Cyprus, but it´s standard and easy)

Any questions, just ask...

Regards,
Christian

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:33 pm

it will much easy if you hold eu passport.you can contact www.immigrantcouncil.ie.www.mrci.ie,www.solvit.ie for much detaills

Luka1986
Newly Registered

Post by Luka1986 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm

if I only find out about this forum 2 weeks ago before I pay the stupid lawyer 200 euro for help.... and he start talking to me about Schengen zone and stuff.... :cry:

OK from what I can understand, I need my marriage certificate (she is not from Visa free country), but they accept the marriage certificate from her mother country, no problem with that. And her family will be happy when we will get marry in her country (god it will save me so much money on the plane tickets for her family :twisted: ).

But what about her permission to work in Ireland? will she need to apply for work visa? This is my biggest concern at the moment.

ps. IQU thanks for the link to "Solvit Food Solution" :P

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 pm

once she got visa from her homecountry she can travel to ireland she will be given temporary stamp for 1-3 months at airport.than you will have to prooff you both living together you have job,joint bank account,house lease etc etc.you both have to fill eu 1 form.than they will issue her stamp 4 residence card for 5 years.she dont need visa to travel to eu if your together going to any country in eu. www.solvit.ie i writing you the irish immigration website you can find more information at this website www.inis.gov.ie good luck

jerzy
Newly Registered

Post by jerzy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Łukasz.

It's a shame you found this forum so late but it's good you did :)

It should be all fine now and if you have any questions just write here and if you have some questions how the procedure looks more less, you can pm me. My situation is a bit different because I came to Ireland with my wife from Poland and she's non-EEA as well.

BTW - you may think about Permanent Residency Certificate (I guess it might help you in case you for example lost your job but it's not necessary) http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights Applying for Irish citizenship might not be such a bad idea - your future wife might obtain easier Irish citizenship then. It's also not necessary but I can see that it could be much easier if my wife had EU citizenship.