ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield PEO Tier 1 (G) extension Experience - 16 February

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Sheffield PEO Tier 1 (G) extension Experience - 16 February

Post by anirban_paul » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello All
Thank you very much for your help. I have got the extension today. Here is my PEO experience first hand.
PEO office – Sheffield
Appointment Time – 10 am Applicant – 1
1. I reached PEO office at 9.20 am. There is normal security check (like the airport check) at entrance.
2. Entered the office (its in the ground floor only). Lots of counters like in banks.
3. Counter number 7 is the reception. Receptionist was very nice and asked which appointment and my name. Gave me a token number in a small piece of paper. Asked me to wait. In 2mins job done.
4. I waited about 10- 15 mins and my number was called to counter 6 (which was common for paper verification for all).
5. This gentleman was very nice again. Asked for my form and supporting documents. Checked how am I going to pay, and the photos are ok. Put all documents in a folder (their own folder) and gave the folder back to me. Asked to pay the fee in the payment counter. 10mins job done.
6. Payment counter was counter 8. There was a queue of 3 people in front of me. A bit surprising, it took 10mins per person for the payment (i,e i got there after 20-25mins). I paid by draft and in 5 mins job done. Asked me to wait for Biometric.
NOTE: There is a clear note of payment window from Natwest ‘’ Natwest Credit or Debit card transaction for £1000 and over will require security authentication.’’ And I saw there is a phone line in the payment counter, cordless is given to the applicant to speak to Natwest and clear the transaction.
7. By 10.15 this was all done. I waited about 45 mins before I was called for Biometric. Counter 9-11 (in a different direction) are for Biometric only. Mine was counter 9.
8. This guy was also very nice. 2 questions asked: Did I use any other name for myself before? Did I have any Biometric in UK or any other country before? Answer= NO. Signed a form which had these 2 questions. Gave my fingerprints and then a photo of my face. Scanned my passport and took the folder with him. 10 minutes job done. Asked me to wait again, as my caseworker will come to a counter and speak to me when my turn comes.
9. By 11.15 all these done and waited another 15 mins before my caseworker appeared in counter 4 and called my number.
10. I must say, caseworker was very nice to me. He went through the form quickly (Although I could see he has gone through it already) and checked have I given evidence for each section/points claimed. Asked me when my leave is expiring (27 march), where from am I coming to Sheffield this morning, what do I do for a living etc in a very friendly way, while going through the supporting documents. Finally he said, my biometric result will come shortly, and he hopes to give a decision in 45 mins, if I want I can take a break and come back. He also mentioned, if it is positive he intends to grant leave from 27march + 2years (which normally is the case, but made me relaxed). It was 11.35 and he asked me to come back by 12.30. I said I will be here in 30mins anyway, please let me know if you need anything.
11. Went out for 30 mins and came back 12.05. Sat down with a glass of water within 5mins he arrived (same counter).
12. I must stress the point the caseworker was really nice and relaxed with a smily face. Gave me the decision and explained about the biometric (will arrive in 7 days etc etc). I must also say, I did not ask any specific question but was just happy, but still he said, I have granted you 2years from 27 march which will give you 5 years in Tier1 to be eligible for ILR. (Thanked him and he continued) You can show this letter to your company and that should be OK although BRO itself will arrive in 7days (Thanked again), should I send to this address or this? (I had correspondence address). He also thanked me for the photocopies I have provided for the supporting documents, said it was very helpful, thanks for that! Gave all my supporting documents back. Thanked him for his help.
13. Thats it! By 12.20 (exactly 3 hours) I was out and happy! £300 extra for PEO is worth it. :D

Documents I produced:

1. Cover Letter (as per this forums sticky thread)

2. Application Form– Extension for Leave to Remain Tier1 (General)
A. £1300 Banker's Draft payable to Home Office (Dated 13.02.2012) Name and date of birth written on the back
B. 2x Photographs (Name and dob written on back side)

3. Point Based Calculator from UKBA website

4. Original Passport

Earning:Claimed 45

Source1: Employer
5. Last 12 months Original Pay Slips from Employer

Source2:Bank
6. Bank Statement for period covering last 12 months: A4 size x10 pages (printed both sides) in Bank stationery with Logo in front side and stamp on backside. Highlighted salary transaction.

Education: Claimed 35
Previously provided for initial tier1G application, not producing anything this time.

UK experience: claimed 5 for UK education

English: Claimed 10: Degree taught in English. Not producing any document this time. Same as qualification

Maintenance: claimed 10: same bank statement as per Earning

7. Photocopy of all documents except 1,2,3

Thanks and all the best for others :D

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Sheffield PEO Tier 1 (G) extension Experience - 16 Febru

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 pm

anirban_paul wrote:Hello All
Thank you very much for your help. I have got the extension today. Here is my PEO experience first hand.
PEO office – Sheffield
Appointment Time – 10 am Applicant – 1
1. I reached PEO office at 9.20 am. There is normal security check (like the airport check) at entrance.
2. Entered the office (its in the ground floor only). Lots of counters like in banks.
3. Counter number 7 is the reception. Receptionist was very nice and asked which appointment and my name. Gave me a token number in a small piece of paper. Asked me to wait. In 2mins job done.
4. I waited about 10- 15 mins and my number was called to counter 6 (which was common for paper verification for all).
5. This gentleman was very nice again. Asked for my form and supporting documents. Checked how am I going to pay, and the photos are ok. Put all documents in a folder (their own folder) and gave the folder back to me. Asked to pay the fee in the payment counter. 10mins job done.
6. Payment counter was counter 8. There was a queue of 3 people in front of me. A bit surprising, it took 10mins per person for the payment (i,e i got there after 20-25mins). I paid by draft and in 5 mins job done. Asked me to wait for Biometric.
NOTE: There is a clear note of payment window from Natwest ‘’ Natwest Credit or Debit card transaction for £1000 and over will require security authentication.’’ And I saw there is a phone line in the payment counter, cordless is given to the applicant to speak to Natwest and clear the transaction.
7. By 10.15 this was all done. I waited about 45 mins before I was called for Biometric. Counter 9-11 (in a different direction) are for Biometric only. Mine was counter 9.
8. This guy was also very nice. 2 questions asked: Did I use any other name for myself before? Did I have any Biometric in UK or any other country before? Answer= NO. Signed a form which had these 2 questions. Gave my fingerprints and then a photo of my face. Scanned my passport and took the folder with him. 10 minutes job done. Asked me to wait again, as my caseworker will come to a counter and speak to me when my turn comes.
9. By 11.15 all these done and waited another 15 mins before my caseworker appeared in counter 4 and called my number.
10. I must say, caseworker was very nice to me. He went through the form quickly (Although I could see he has gone through it already) and checked have I given evidence for each section/points claimed. Asked me when my leave is expiring (27 march), where from am I coming to Sheffield this morning, what do I do for a living etc in a very friendly way, while going through the supporting documents. Finally he said, my biometric result will come shortly, and he hopes to give a decision in 45 mins, if I want I can take a break and come back. He also mentioned, if it is positive he intends to grant leave from 27march + 2years (which normally is the case, but made me relaxed). It was 11.35 and he asked me to come back by 12.30. I said I will be here in 30mins anyway, please let me know if you need anything.
11. Went out for 30 mins and came back 12.05. Sat down with a glass of water within 5mins he arrived (same counter).
12. I must stress the point the caseworker was really nice and relaxed with a smily face. Gave me the decision and explained about the biometric (will arrive in 7 days etc etc). I must also say, I did not ask any specific question but was just happy, but still he said, I have granted you 2years from 27 march which will give you 5 years in Tier1 to be eligible for ILR. (Thanked him and he continued) You can show this letter to your company and that should be OK although BRO itself will arrive in 7days (Thanked again), should I send to this address or this? (I had correspondence address). He also thanked me for the photocopies I have provided for the supporting documents, said it was very helpful, thanks for that! Gave all my supporting documents back. Thanked him for his help.
13. Thats it! By 12.20 (exactly 3 hours) I was out and happy! £300 extra for PEO is worth it. :D

Documents I produced:

1. Cover Letter (as per this forums sticky thread)

2. Application Form– Extension for Leave to Remain Tier1 (General)
A. £1300 Banker's Draft payable to Home Office (Dated 13.02.2012) Name and date of birth written on the back
B. 2x Photographs (Name and dob written on back side)

3. Point Based Calculator from UKBA website

4. Original Passport

Earning:Claimed 45

Source1: Employer
5. Last 12 months Original Pay Slips from Employer

Source2:Bank
6. Bank Statement for period covering last 12 months: A4 size x10 pages (printed both sides) in Bank stationery with Logo in front side and stamp on backside. Highlighted salary transaction.

Education: Claimed 35
Previously provided for initial tier1G application, not producing anything this time.

UK experience: claimed 5 for UK education

English: Claimed 10: Degree taught in English. Not producing any document this time. Same as qualification

Maintenance: claimed 10: same bank statement as per Earning

Thanks and all the best for others :D
Congrats, My appointment is on 22. Your post is very helpful.

Thanks

satish_k80
Newly Registered

Post by satish_k80 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi, when did you book the appointment, just to get an idea how long before one needs to start looking for appointments

Thanks
S

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 pm

satish_k80 wrote:Hi, when did you book the appointment, just to get an idea how long before one needs to start looking for appointments

Thanks
S
you can book appointments upto 42 days in advance.

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:07 pm

ban.s wrote:
satish_k80 wrote:Hi, when did you book the appointment, just to get an idea how long before one needs to start looking for appointments

Thanks
S
you can book appointments upto 42 days in advance.
True, I booked about 40 days back..was trying for like 2 weeks...and one good day around 11am got the option to book.

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:36 am

Paul you paid using Draft?

A. £1300 Banker's Draft payable to Home Office (Dated 13.02.2012) Name and date of birth written on the back.

I believe you can pay using Debit or Credit card when you are doing an in person submission? or do we need Bankers Draft? Can you pls clarify?

It's because for me and my dependant I intend to pay around £2500 using my Debit Card if I get an PEO appointment. Also I guess even for Debit card payment we need to call HSBC to authorize the payment of £2500 using single transaction.

village

Post by village » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 am

I went for Extension on Feb 17th, yesterday...i have taken bankers Draft...for 1300..premium service......better take Bankers draft...no risk....

satish_k80
Newly Registered

Post by satish_k80 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Guys,

To book an PEO appointment online do we need to first submit the application online? because when I go online to book appointment, it says - "You should not book an appointment unless you have already submitted an application and you have been informed that your service requires an appointment", before the date and the select location page

Appreciate your advise

Thanks
Satish

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:03 am

many congratulations
you had very easy ,smooth and nice process .thanks for sharing your experience.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 am

Anirban,

Can you pass me your number pls ?? Thanks

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:05 am

ramesh1 wrote:Paul you paid using Draft?

A. £1300 Banker's Draft payable to Home Office (Dated 13.02.2012) Name and date of birth written on the back.

I believe you can pay using Debit or Credit card when you are doing an in person submission? or do we need Bankers Draft? Can you pls clarify?

It's because for me and my dependant I intend to pay around £2500 using my Debit Card if I get an PEO appointment. Also I guess even for Debit card payment we need to call HSBC to authorize the payment of £2500 using single transaction.
Yes, Debit or Credit card is accepted. My bank is Natwest and somewhere in the forum I read sometimes it needs authorisation from bank (which is true for Natwest, there is a clear notice on payment counter), so I made a banker's draft which costed me £12. kept my debit card for a backup, just in case. I just did not want to do any authorisation at the time of payment (just an etra headache for me, nothing else).

t1app_usa
Newly Registered

Post by t1app_usa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:11 am

ramesh1 wrote:Paul you paid using Draft?

When I went to Croydon the IT system crashed and no card payments could be accepted. Paid with bankers draft and was able to be seen that day.

Bankers Draft is the safest method if you want to be 100% sure of not being affected by UKBA's poor systems.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:28 am

anirban_paul wrote:

Do we requires to have submit the photo copies of the documents.?

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:28 pm

nm wrote:
anirban_paul wrote:

Do we requires to have submit the photo copies of the documents.?
Yes, photocopies of supporting documents.

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 pm

pegakrishna wrote:Anirban,

Please PM me, I will reply. No phones pls. Thanks

jinfenggoh
Newly Registered

passport returned? Can travel before BRP?

Post by jinfenggoh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for your post, it is very helpful to us who are in the same boat...

I have a few questions:
1. I would like to know if you received your passport back the same day? Or do they keep it with them and send it back to you with the BRP?
2. If you did get your passport back, did they cancel the vignette so you are not allowed to travel on it anymore even though the expiry date is not reached yet?

Tried to get an appointment but everything gone by 0005. Trying again tonight. Getting a bit desperate as I cannot afford the 3 months waiting period that everyone is talking about here on postal service...

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jin Feng

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: passport returned? Can travel before BRP?

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:49 pm

jinfenggoh wrote:Hi Anirban,

Thanks for your post, it is very helpful to us who are in the same boat...

I have a few questions:
1. I would like to know if you received your passport back the same day? Or do they keep it with them and send it back to you with the BRP?
2. If you did get your passport back, did they cancel the vignette so you are not allowed to travel on it anymore even though the expiry date is not reached yet?

Tried to get an appointment but everything gone by 0005. Trying again tonight. Getting a bit desperate as I cannot afford the 3 months waiting period that everyone is talking about here on postal service...

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jin Feng
1. Yes, HO gives back the passport same day. Only BRP is sent later.
2. Yes, it is stamped as ''Leave superseded by Biometric Residence Permit''. The caseworker said to me, that the letter is fine for all official purpose but he suggested ' highly recommended not to make any travel plan before I get my BRP card '.

Keep trying and u will get lucky to book soon :)

iuk_netizen
Newly Registered

Post by iuk_netizen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for the explaination. It helped me a lot. I went to PEO Sheffield too and got my extension.

Though I had the photo copy of everything but he didn't asked me for the same. :)

Thanks once again,
Imran.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:03 pm

anirban_paul wrote:
pegakrishna wrote:Anirban,

Please PM me, I will reply. No phones pls. Thanks
Damn it, I was gonna ask for bank account details lmao !!!

Congratulations to OP. I am sure heart pumping with joy like anything :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello Guys,
I have my appointment tomorrow morning at Sheffield Office. I did not read anywhere that you have to take copies of the supporting documents (they say it has to be originals). Can any expert please let me know if it is essential?

Cheers.