ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Documents - Tier1 Dependant to ILR dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

viper_555
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Documents - Tier1 Dependant to ILR dependant

Post by viper_555 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 am

Query regarding my wife's FLR(M) application- Croydon PEO next week.

My status: Granted ILR last week (from Tier1 G)
Wife currently on Tier1 dependant valid till July 2013. We got married in Jan 2011. Since we've lived together for less than 1 year and I've changed my visa to ILR, Home Office advised her to switch from Tier1 dependant to ILR dependant using FLR(M) form.

Could someone please advise on the documents?
1. English Language- She has completed her Master’s Degree from UK- hope that makes her eligible for English language requirement?
2. Tenancy Agreement
3. Council Tax
4. Bank Statements on joint account
5. Any minimum balance requirement?

Do I need to submit any more documents? Please advice.
Many thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 am

Please refer to section 10 and 11 of the application form for a list of the necessary documents. The list you have suggested lacks certain mandatory requirements. As you applying at a PEO you have to get it right the first time otherwise your application will be retained and a decision sent in the post some weeks later (effectively wasting the cost of a personal application).

viper_555
Newly Registered

Post by viper_555 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you. Apart from the givens (ie. mine and her passports and photographs) what are the other documents required? I went through the form and it does not mention any other documents for married partners. Thanks again for your help.

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi,

I am in a similar situation like you, can I kindly request that you give us an update once you make the application.

Wishing you the best.

Thanks,

viper_555
Newly Registered

Post by viper_555 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Sure, will do.
Any givers? Please let me know if any of you have any relevant information regarding this.

viper_555
Newly Registered

Post by viper_555 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 am

Any one help please? I got a PEO Croydon this Monday. Many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 am

Applying in person is a complete waste of money if the application is not perfect; they will retain your application and send you a decision in the post at the same timescale as a regular postal application. If you are not sure what you are doing then seek professional help. A document checking service might be done at a very reasonable price.

viper_555
Newly Registered

Post by viper_555 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 am

blah blah blah! Can someone who has applied previosuly advise please. Thanks

neoms21
Newly Registered

Post by neoms21 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:27 pm

We just applied for my wife's FLR(M) 3 weeks ago. In addition to all these documents, one other thing CW asked for was the marriage certificate.
Make sure that you carry it with you.

Cheers
neoms21

viper_555
Newly Registered

Post by viper_555 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 pm

The FLR (M) application was successful. Thank you for your help.

The documents case worker asked:

1. English Language- UK Masters Degree
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Bank Statements - 3 months.
4. Council Tax/ tenancy agreement

Good luck with your applications.

1980fk
Newly Registered

Post by 1980fk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Guys

My wife has her In-person FLR(M) apointment in the next couple of weeks. Can I accompany my wife to the PEO or does she have to go alone?

Regards

viper_555
Newly Registered

Post by viper_555 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:51 am

You can be there with her or she can go alone. Its doesnt realy matter.

Rashmi001
Newly Registered

SET (o) & FLR (m)

Post by Rashmi001 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm

I think we have a similar situation.

My husband applies for ILR (SET O) on the 29th of March. Both our visa's expire in May. At the moment I am on his dependent visa (tier 1 general) and I have been in the country for a year.

On reading the forum, I figured out that I need to fill up a separate application (FLR M).

I need to know if I can apply on the same day as he is or do I need to to wait for him to get his ILR and then apply?

Thanks,
Rashmi

viper_555
Newly Registered

Post by viper_555 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi-

Yes, you need to apply for FLR(M) after your husband gets ILR.
Home Office advise is to convert 'as soon as you can'. Book a PEO appointment 7-14 days after your husband's ILR. I think they have started issuing Biometric for ILR now; which means your husband will get the biometric card only after 7 days. So keep a buffer.

cheers

Rashmi001
Newly Registered

Post by Rashmi001 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks. Look like we are going to have to re-schedule the appointment for my husband in order to leave a 14 days buffer.

I just have another question. I had the ukba office and I got different replies each time.

So when my husband applies for his ILR, does he need to book an appointment with one dependent or zero dependant.

Thanks,
Rashmi

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Rashmi001 wrote:Thanks. Look like we are going to have to re-schedule the appointment for my husband in order to leave a 14 days buffer.

I just have another question. I had the ukba office and I got different replies each time.

So when my husband applies for his ILR, does he need to book an appointment with one dependent or zero dependant.

Thanks,
Rashmi
you can actually book an appointment on the same day (separate appoinments a few hours apart) but you are relying on the fact that your husbands application will have been considered and granted by the time you submit yours.

you are not applying 'together' so he books the appt with no dependents.

Rashmi001
Newly Registered

Post by Rashmi001 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Oh that sounds good. Thank a lot for your help guys.

Rashmi

junesun
Newly Registered

Post by junesun » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:13 am

Hi, is council tax a necessary document for tier 1?
I have only seen this required when applied under " long stay" section.

Thanks.

krishnais

Post by krishnais » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Greenie wrote:
Rashmi001 wrote:Thanks. Look like we are going to have to re-schedule the appointment for my husband in order to leave a 14 days buffer.

Thanks,
Rashmi

you can actually book an appointment on the same day (separate appoinments a few hours apart) but you are relying on the fact that your husbands application will have been considered and granted by the time you submit yours.

Hi Greenie,

First of all, thanks to all the active members in the forum.
I have been on work permit (Old style) from January 2007. Now, I have my ILR appointment booked in Solihull on 30/03. And, I have my wife's FLR appointment booked on 02/04 (31st March and 1st April being weekend).

Assuming my ILR application is successful, with the biometric cards being issued only after a seven day period - Do I need to reschedule my wife's FLR appointment or will I get a residence permit number (of some sort) that I can use for her application and still apply on 02/04?

Your help is much appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 pm

krishnais wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Thanks,
Rashmi

Hi Greenie,

First of all, thanks to all the active members in the forum.
I have been on work permit (Old style) from January 2007. Now, I have my ILR appointment booked in Solihull on 30/03. And, I have my wife's FLR appointment booked on 02/04 (31st March and 1st April being weekend).

Assuming my ILR application is successful, with the biometric cards being issued only after a seven day period - Do I need to reschedule my wife's FLR appointment or will I get a residence permit number (of some sort) that I can use for her application and still apply on 02/04?

Your help is much appreciated.
this thread is about dependents of Tier 1/Tier 2 migrants. WP are covered by a different set of rules. What leave does your wife have currently?