ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed lawyer required documents for indefinite leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sshah20
Pakistan

Self employed lawyer required documents for indefinite leave

Post by sshah20 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:15 am Post subject: Self employed lawyer required documents for indefinite leave
a friend of mine will complete his five years as self employed lawyer and is going to apply for indefinite leave to remain at the end of march, 2012. i need to know that will he also show the required documents as tier 1 (general) migrant i mean points for age, education and earning. i have copied and pasted the requirements for self employed lawyer from the Set(0) form:

SECTION 10
10J Self-employed lawyer If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous
stay in the UK as a self-employed lawyer, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the
following documents:
1 0 J
Accounts. Audited accounts for the business for the previous year and an up-to-date balance sheet.
Tax return for the most recent tax year.
If you are a solicitor, an original letter from the appropriate Law Society confirming that you continue to be
admitted to the roll of solicitors.
If you are a consultant in overseas law, an original letter from the appropriate Law Society confirming that they
have no objection to your continuing to practise as a consultant in overseas law.
If you are a barrister, evidence that you continue to be admitted to the Bar and to have a place in chambers

regards,

shah

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:40 am

See also Requirements for self-employed lawyers (page 91). If he's not under the Points Based System, then he shouldn't need to score any points.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.