ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa document check ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

spouse visa document check ?

Post by krssubbu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 am

Hi,

Apologies for posting in the wrong section but jsut need a quick reply as i need to post these documents

Just to give a quick background, i am on ILR in the UK snce Jan 2012. My wife was on tier 1 dependant from Jan 2010 - July 2011 and then seh left to my country for maternity. Now we have a baby girl born outside the UK.

I would like to get my wife and baby to the UK. so the documents i have prepared to send her are :

Application:
* Application - vaf 4a (one for my wife and one for my baby)
* copy of my passport

Wedding Proof:
* Marriage certificate
* Copy of invitation to wedding
* Photos

Letter of Support:
* Personal statement (from my wife)
* Letter of support (from me)

English Language
* Letter from my wfe's institution to say she had completed bachlors and was affiliated to a University that is equivalent to British degree (UK NARIC)

Maintainence funds
* Employer reference letter from my company
* 6 months bank statemetns
* Employment contract
* 6 months payslips

Accomodation
* Tenancy agreement and no objection letter from house mates (shared house)
* letter from landlord saying he has no objection in my wife staying wtih me

Other
* Copy of my National Insurance number
* My wife's passport - has my name on the observation page)
* previous tier 1 dependant visa documents - visa also on the passport

Please let me know if i need to attach any more documents as i need to send teh above.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm

66 views and no replies yet. guys if anyone can check and let me know then its going to help everyone in this forum.

like i jsut got a confrmation saying its better to attach phone and email conversation proof. like these smal things people will miss and people who have already applied, can please share their thoughts its going to help everybody isnt it ?

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi,

My comments regarding English Language compliance :
* Letter from my wfe's institution to say she had completed bachlors and was affiliated to a University that is equivalent to British degree (UK NARIC)

I assume your wife is currently out of status, so she would need to get entry clearance afresh.

IMHO, she would need to meet the 'settlement(or ILR) requirement for spouse which clearly states that she needs to meet the "knowledge of language and life" requirement, unless there is a valid exemption possible.
Can you prove that she wasn't really able to complete this requirement, due to a valid reason?

Pls see the link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

as

- copied below -
"
Applicants for visas and permission to remain in the UK (known as 'leave to remain') must meet this requirement, unless they are exempt (see below). The requirement was introduced on 29 November 2010.

You will meet the requirement if you can show that you:

are a national of a majority English-speaking country; or
have passed an English language test approved by us at the appropriate level; or
hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree or above.
See 'More information' below for details of these criteria.

The Evidence of your English language ability page explains how you can prove that you meet this requirement.

Applicants for settlement (known as 'indefinite leave to remain') must meet a different 'knowledge of language and life' requirement. See the Settlement page for details.

Exemptions
You do not need to meet the English language requirement if you provide satisfactory evidence that:

you are aged 65 or over when you make your application; or
you have a physical or mental condition which would prevent you from meeting the requirement; or
there are exceptional compassionate circumstances which would prevent you from meeting the requirement.
"

Regards,
Sai

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:15 pm

yes however thats why i am getting a ltter from her univeristy saying she had completed her bachlors (as per the points calculator i can see her university in the list for english lang reqd)

isnt this enough ? do i need to take NARIC also as i dont have enough time for those? and obiviously i cant do this for my baby so preseume she is ok with english language

moderats please throw some light as i am very much confused