ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old WP and Tier 1 Combinations

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dkesari
Newly Registered

Old WP and Tier 1 Combinations

Post by dkesari » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Hello,

I was reading through some of the posts and realized something called COP for old work permit holders who apply for ILR. Is this salary COP rule also applicable to candidates who have switched to tier-1 and got less salary when they had work permits before?

If yes, how much is the minimu salary required to fulfill COP rule.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deepak

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 pm

I don’t think so it applied to people who have switched to Tier-1. But they will still be asked to provide the work permit related documents for the time they were on WP.

mkashifanwar
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifanwar » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

I also had this confusion and after posting to this forum it looks like COP is not required for old work permit holder those had switched to tier 1 .

I am also going to apply ILR on combination of old WP and Tier-1 and it sounds like we only need to provide P60 and WP approval letter to cover the WP period .

This is what atleast I am going to submit unless someone else has different view please share it.

Kashif

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 pm

That’s correct, you don’t need to worry about WP/Tier-2 SOC code or income threshold as you are no longer on WP/Tier-2.

However as you said, you only need WP approval letter and P60 to cover the WP period.

dkesari
Newly Registered

Post by dkesari » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks everyone for your quick reply.