ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for adopted baby

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Navabath
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for adopted baby

Post by Navabath » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Both me and my husband has got ILR.we adopted baby girl and applied for settlement visa at chennai BHC. Any idea how long it take.when we rang the VFS they say it may take upto 3 months.we are really struggling to satay with our adopte daughter in the last 5 months. We have applied for visa on 9th fen 2012.got SMS on 14 th feb that it is under process.please help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Any settlement application can take up to 12 weeks but most are often much shorter. The speed of your particular application will be a function of the quality of the paperwork that you have provided and any verification checks that have to made. I doubt any active member of this forum has adopted a baby and applied in Chennai (as mutually inclusive events) and even if someone has, their situation may not match yours to the extent that their actual processing time may be used as an indication of yours.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:24 pm

agree with Lucapooka. You can also look at the processing times for Chennai here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... ing-times/

although do note they are for Dec 2011.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:12 am

Why not contact Chennai direct and explain the situation and ask them to consider the application as soon as they can
pennyless

Navabath
Newly Registered

Post by Navabath » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 am

Thanks for your speedy reply.I have already spoken to them followed by email.but I got a standard answer of wait until 60 days.I have attached a letter of our local MP(uk) but it seems to help to speed up our process.they said that our application is not even looked at by ECO even though we got a SMS saying it is under process on 14 th feb.finger crossed

Navabath
Newly Registered

Post by Navabath » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:14 am

I meant that MP's letter doesn't seem to help to speed up the process

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 am

MP's letters help when an application has already endured an abnormally long processing time. Yours, currently at only 6 working days, is nowhere near that stage. Additionally, adoption is a complex legal procedure and the law in developing countries is often vague and may vary in each state or region, so the UKBA may wish to make necessary checks with the relevant authorities. On this basis (and with regard to average process times) I certainly would expect the processing time of such applications to be somewhat longer than that of a straightforward partner settlement application. You (or at least one of you) really have no choice other than to wait.