ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get a POE appointment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

How to get a POE appointment

Post by offstumpfail » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:55 am

Hi,

I've been trying online to get an appointment for my Tier 1 (General) extension application. I am unable to get ANY appointment slots over the next 2 months, I have the options as relaxed as possible, and have tried different POE centres, etc. Although as I live in London Croydon is far preferable.

Is it better just to call them or is there some trick like going on at a certain time where more appointments get unlocked?

Thanks

N2012

Re: How to get a POE appointment

Post by N2012 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 am

offstumpfail wrote:
Is it better just to call them or is there some trick like going on at a certain time where more appointments get unlocked?

Thanks
Yes, you should log in a few minutes before midnight and exactly at 00:00 look for appointments, that's when they're normally released. Once you see a list of available slots don't take too long - choose one and fill you details as quickly as possible. The appointment you choose is not kept for you until after you fill your details and confirm, and all appointments will be taken within one or two minutes. But it's definitely possible to get one, including in Croydon.
Good luck!

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks for the response.

However I've been trying for half an hour now. I am searching date range from 12 to 30 March, Anytime for days and times, and searching at Croydon, Cardiff and Birmingham. I've tried expanding to 30 April (which would be too late for me anyway) and also tried Liverpool, Sheffield and Glasgow. No combination of these very relaxed search criteria has presented a single appointment slot for me.

Is it possible they didn't release any today and I just need to keep trying every night? Has anyone managed to successfully book an appointment this morning?

Oh and another thing, in the 'Learn how to book an appointment' page it says "a. Enter your personal details and case ID."

I don't believe I have a case ID, I have just downloaded the Tier 1 (General) renewal application form and have the supporting documentation, I don't know anything about a Case ID and figured I would get one later. Do I need one?

Thanks

N2012

Post by N2012 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:01 am

The appointments released at midnight are for one day, six weeks ahead. So last night it was probably for 2 or 3 April. When you changed your date range to include April it was probably too late - all the appointments were booked. If you try again tonight, enter from the beginning a date in April as your end date, and at midnight you'd have a good chance of finding an appointment.
I've read here people saying they found earlier appointments at different times of the day - probably because someone cancelled their appointment, so it can't hurt to try during the day and maybe you'll be lucky. But I think chances aren't high and it's better to try at midnight to book for early April (if that's not too late for you).

I didn't need a case ID. Only name, birth date and telephone number, if I remember correctly, but nothing like a case ID.

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:58 am

Gotcha. Will give it another go.

My current leave expires on 16 April - what would you say is the last date I can feasibly do a POE appointment? The alternative is just to do it by post but I would really like to avoid that if possible.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 am

offstumpfail wrote:Gotcha. Will give it another go.

My current leave expires on 16 April - what would you say is the last date I can feasibly do a POE appointment? The alternative is just to do it by post but I would really like to avoid that if possible.
Keep looking for an appointment. It may take a few more days before you get one but patience pays (from experience - took me three weeks to find one, and before that I would find appointments, but by the time I clicked the "Book this appointment" button, someone got there before me and it would say "This appointment is no longer available"). Most appointments turn up at midnight exactly (and shortly after) but you really have to be quick with the booking. You just have to keep repeating the process until you get an appointment. In your position I would search for appointments from 48hrs away to a maximum of 42 days in advance. Good luck!

N2012

Post by N2012 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Early April is fine - I think any time before your visa expires is OK.

As ScopeD said, even when you find available appointments you must be very quick, because until you finish filling your details and press confirm, the appointment is not kept for you and if someone else chose the same appointment and filled their details more quickly than you, you'll lose it.
It could help if you had your name and/or telephone number typed into a notepad or something, so that you can copy and paste them into the right fields instead of typing, to save time. I suppose this is especially helpful if you apply with dependants and have to fill their details as well.

Good luck!

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:17 am

:x :x

Trying last 2 days, and the website keeps kicking me off. Right now I cannot even load https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk (connection times out) and I have been trying for 45 minutes. It's not a problem with my connection; I can open other websites including other parts of the UKBA website.

Has ANYONE managed to successfully book an appointment over the last few days?

What would be the likely fee to hire an immigration lawyer to do nothing except to submit the application on my behalf (thus circumventing this appalling system)

Edit: excuse the post, it's just very very frustrating. I've emailed a couple of agencies.

What is the expected processing time for a postal application - I've heard '75% of applications within 4 weeks' but then also that they take extra time for the Biometric enrolment.

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Post by ckdeepak » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am

@offstumpfail

The system seems to be down from yesterday.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ply-online

Kindly share the quotes you receive from the agencies. Thanks!