ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dec 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandh79

ILR - Dec 2012

Post by anandh79 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 am

Hi,

I will be eligible for ILR by Dec 2012.

I recently got my tier 1 extension. Have few doubts before I take any decision.

I was away from UK on work to Germany on 2008 for 7 months. Although I made sure to come back within 90 days of 7 months interval. My payslips are all generated in UK only where I had paid the tax in UK.

Although I have the Payslips and Bank statements along with P60 to prove this, I dont have the employer letter since the company is now closed.

My questions are

1. Is it ok to have 7 months outside of UK for work?
2. Is it ok not to have employer letter on this

My second set of question will be that I have decided to start my own company. If required and am travelling to europe for work, although the income will be generated here, is it ok again?

Based on your replies, I would need to make decision whether to continue with permanent job or go for my own company.

Regards
Anandh

anandh79

Hi

Post by anandh79 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Please reply back

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:07 am

Hello Anand

There are two rules for ILR on absences.

First is you should not be out of UK continously more than 90 days which you are not as you said that you have been in and out of UK considering this rule.

Second is the total days out of UK must not exceed more than 180 days which is a bit concerning in your case. Could you calculate how many days totally you are out of UK removing your exit and entry dates.

But as you said you were paid in UK during your work outisde, you might have got all the evidences like payslips and bank statements.

If you submit all these evidences along with your strong ties with UK during your absence then your application will look good. To prove strong ties, you can provide evidences to prove that you have paid your council tax, any insurance payments like car insurance, your telephone bills, your rent (or mortgage) were paid here in UK while you are away.

There are some people in this forum who got their ILR's even after 700 or 900 days absences.

As you have got sufficient time to apply ILR, gather as much information as possible and consult a solicitor although not required.

Hope this helps...

Regards...
Santosh

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am

Hello Anand

Forgot to mention in my last post.

If you have employer letter, definitely it would be an advantage but as you said the company is closed, Home Office may raise more queries.

I strongly suggest you speak to an immigration solicitor.

All the best.

Regards
Santosh