ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surprise! Maintenance funds requirements increase.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ivan Vodka
Newly Registered

Surprise! Maintenance funds requirements increase.

Post by Ivan Vodka » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Dear Comrades!

Achtung, the UKBA is increasing the MF requirements for T1 applications on a short notice. Since April, applicants will have to show 900 GBP for the main applicant and 600 GBP per dependent. Small, but tricky increase.

Those, who will have to extend their visas in early April (in less than 3 months) and cannot fulfill new requirements either a) apply for extension before April b) travel to the past, put some more money into your account, return back to the present and extend your visas whenever is convenient for you.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 pm

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:24 pm

This is no where on their (UKBA) website.
This can jeopardise the plans of all Tier 1 holders who are due for renewal in April just by increasing the Maintenance fund, just like that..

This is just saying, GET OUT OF UK.

Ivan Vodka
Newly Registered

Post by Ivan Vodka » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:30 pm

It's here
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... iew=Binary
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/passports-and-immigration/

P.S. I think highly-skilled immigrants are supposed to spell correctly the name of the country they live in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Ivan Vodka wrote: P.S. I think highly-skilled immigrants are supposed to spell correctly the name of the country they live in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom
Easy fella. Its called typo and not spelling mistakes. Go easy, people make mistake!!! Just because one didn't speak German or used thesaurus, mean they are a bad speller!!!
Last edited by rakeysh.patel on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Maintenance funds increased. :evil:

UKBA making all efforts to decrease the number of ppl applying for extensions :roll:
Give me more Karma (+)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Dudes, relax...cost of living, fuel & everything is going up so maintenance funds are only a reflection of whats going on,
dont have to take it so personally coz as always choice is yours whether you want to stay or leave UK coz of just a £100 increase in maintenance funds or even £500 increase in T1 extensions for that matter
Manka

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:48 pm

It is not the matter of 100 GBP for a person on Tier 1.

Just imagine that you are maintaining bear minimum since January for your renewal in April or May. (especially with 2 or more dependants)
Suddenly they say that you were required to maintain more than that without notice and you are not eligible anymore to apply before your existing leave expires..

What will you do?
I am safe as I maintained almost double the requirement, but feel sorry for others who were just maintaining minimum required.

Cheers

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

mantasingh wrote:It is not the matter of 100 GBP for a person on Tier 1.

Just imagine that you are maintaining bear minimum since January for your renewal in April or May. (especially with 2 or more dependants)
Suddenly they say that you were required to maintain more than that without notice and you are not eligible anymore to apply before your existing leave expires..

What will you do?
I am safe as I maintained almost double the requirement, but feel sorry for others who were just maintaining minimum required.

Cheers
Very good point. If this is going to be applicable for the three month period going backwards from April then this is a dirty trick which UK BA have played to make life difficult for prospective T1 extensions. Since the amount is small there is a strong possibility very few will get caught out, but still, to my mind this is unfair.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:22 pm

increased maintenance fund requirement will most probably be enforced at least 3 months after the announcement is made

it would be unfair to impose the new requirement without giving an advance minimum 3 month notice & can easily be challenged in court
Manka

ruvi
Newly Registered

Post by ruvi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:05 pm

i am one of the people caught by this been maintain money for dependents, will have to top up tomorrow and start counting from one again, some notice would have been great.