ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

clarification on tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmad12
BANNED

clarification on tier 2

Post by ahmad12 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:57 am

Hi all,
I have thoroughly read the tier 2 policy guidance and need some clarifications . The question that I am about to ask is because i either couldn't find the an answer to it or was not too sure about it

at the moment i am on post study tier1 and to switch the criteria that I have to meet are:
1. appropriate salary rate
2.maintenance and english
3certificate of sponsor ship
4. degree

in regard to point 1, my salary is not the same or above the rate in the UK code of practice but will be before i apply, I know at the time that I apply for visa I will have to provide my previous 6 month payslips to proof my employment and also a letter from employer confirming my employment.

my question is, if my salary is going to meet the requirement just a month before applying, would that be acceptable? ini another word do they need to know that you will be paid at the appropriate rate or have been paid?

in regard to point 2, the maintenance is clear and for english as I have graduated in the UK no need to do any testing , am i correct?

3. here is what is most interesting , how does the cos work? i know is allocated on monthly basis, does every company get a certain portion of the allocation based on their size or is it first come first served?
overall appreciate any info or link on how cos is allocated

4. do i have to apply within defined time frame after i have got my degree, for instance I had to do that for post study but could not find anything on this for tier2 so guess as long as I have
Certificate for my degree no matter when it was issues, it can be used to proof my english literacy

5. if i was here as student then post study, i believe i already have entry clearance , is that correct ? do i need to apply for entry clearance?

thanks to all

ahmad12
BANNED

Post by ahmad12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 am

anyone please

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 am

Assuming your company has got sponsorship license:

1)your salary has to be at appropriate from the time CoS has been issued, there no problem if you had payslips of less salary before. they count from start of cos date.

2)No need for maintenance as you are switching from PSW, this also applies for english language.

3)Monthly basis is for out of country applications. For in-country applications its unrestricted CoS and your HR can ask for a CoS if they havent got in the system. This may take from 1day-3weeks to get.

4) Your degree is enuf.

5) You have already cleared the enty. Now you are just extending that Further Leave to Remain (FLR)

Cheers
KGK

ahmad12
BANNED

Post by ahmad12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 pm

thanks budyd really helpful.
I don't know if I am not paying attanetion or it is because the information is not there ,

I was under impression that there is a cap for number of cos, so does that mean my employer will not have a problem obtaining cos if i am paid at approperiate rate?

also where do i find the information that says, i do not need maintenance if i am inside the country and switching from cos

thanks you again

ahmad12
BANNED

Post by ahmad12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 pm

well,
after posting if found the answer to my fist question the fact that tier2 general has no limit for inside uk applicants

for anyone who is in the same situation as me

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits

ahmad12
BANNED

Post by ahmad12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:37 pm

ahmad12 wrote:thanks budyd really helpful.
I don't know if I am not paying attanetion or it is because the information is not there ,

I was under impression that there is a cap for number of cos, so does that mean my employer will not have a problem obtaining cos if i am paid at approperiate rate?

also where do i find the information that says, i do not need maintenance if i am inside the country and switching from cos

thanks you again
could someone shed a light on where can i find info on the fact that i do not need maintenance if i am in country and most importantly if there are no limit of cos for an employeer can they easily issue a certificate if i meet the code of practice ( i do not need resident labour market test)

thanks

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

ahmad12 you are repeating yourself and claiming you have read the guidelines thoroughly. But you haven't.

All your questions are clearly stated in the guidelines and answered here many many times. A simple search will give you all the details.

I'm tired of people coming here and post questions without searching the forums first. We all spend our valuable time to give advice but people like you are lazy and uncoordinated.
could someone shed a light on where can i find info on the fact that i do not need maintenance if i am in country and most importantly if there are no limit of cos for an employeer can they easily issue a certificate if i meet the code of practice ( i do not need resident labour market test)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sguidance/

Page Number 36.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

ahmad12
BANNED

Post by ahmad12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 pm

madona587 wrote:ahmad12 you are repeating yourself and claiming you have read the guidelines thoroughly. But you haven't.

All your questions are clearly stated in the guidelines and answered here many many times. A simple search will give you all the details.

I'm tired of people coming here and post questions without searching the forums first. We all spend our valuable time to give advice but people like you are lazy and uncoordinated.

Page Number 36.

no need to go down that route, i read the full guide which is 50 something page which is called Tier 2 policy guidance - valid from 14 February 2012PDF 516KB

so dont accuse people and if we are time waster then don't waste your valuble time here

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

ahmad12 wrote:
madona587 wrote:ahmad12 you are repeating yourself and claiming you have read the guidelines thoroughly. But you haven't.

Page Number 36.

no need to go down that route, i read the full guide which is 50 something page which is called Tier 2 policy guidance - valid from 14 February 2012PDF 516KB

so dont accuse people and if we are time waster then don't waste your valuble time here
But clearly you either didn't read it fully or you didn't understand. You are not the only one. I'm not trying to be rude but a bit of common sense is all needed. Search the forums and if you still can't find an answer post it here and we will help you out.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)