ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname, Middle name confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kps2007
BANNED

Surname, Middle name confusion

Post by kps2007 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:43 am

Hello,

I am due ILR in June this year and mine is a pretty straight forward case. I am a bit confused about my surname and middle name appearance on the salary slips and p60s.

Here are the dates and a bit of history on my case:

Visa stamped 25th June 2007
Entered UK 9th of July 2007 ( perm job)
Got extension on 25th of June 2009 until 25th of June 2012
Changed employer around August 2010.( Still permanent job)

In my previous job my employer had me down as first name and middle name (robbie Andrew) and obviously p60 had same details.

When I changed jobs, my employer put my name down as a robbie smith ( first and last name). I guess they go by the appearance of your name as you mention on CV)

My NI number has not changed at all and hmrc has not raised any issue and neither did home office when I made my extension application back in 2009.

Do you think this can be a issue and could be a reason for me to apply through a solictor which would rather be more expensive route.

Apart from that my case is very straight forward, only 25 absences In last 5 years. No criminal conviction, not even a parking ticket (I must be living in a den totally isolated from rest of the world).

Please help if you could.

Thanks
Robbie