ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Letter sent by HO

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apenteado
Newly Registered

Post by apenteado » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

Firstly I'd like to thank you all for your help.

I spoke to the lawyer that help me with my application and he recommended me to travel taking with me:

-a copy of my application and my covering letter stating my casa
-decree absolute
-my ex-wife employer's letter stating she was exercising treaty rights in the moment of my application
-copy of the letter I sent complaining about my RC
-proof of delivery of the letter
-his phone number

Just want to say that he has never dealt with a case like this so has no prior expertise in this situation.

What do you think?

I've emailed NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and the automatic answer says that made me unsure if this is the right channel for this kind of complain:

"The NW CSU deal with complaints and compensation claims relating to the service of the UK Border Agency in this region. We aim to respond to all complaints within 20 working days of their receipt.

Please note that the NW CSU can only process complaints made against departments within the North West Region and are unable to deal with:
- Urgent treatment requests or advice relating to immigration applications
- Progress checks on applications
- Complaints about a decision made

We are unable to process complaints on a decision that has been made. To request a reconsideration of your case, please write directly to the caseworker that handled your application. You should include all the reasons why you feel the decision is incorrect"

Again I want to thank you all for your help.

Andre

apenteado
Newly Registered

Post by apenteado » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi there,

I just want to post the end of my story as that might help other people.

After sending the letter to the case worker that had dealt with my application and not hearing from her for many weeks, I wrote a complaint explaining my case to the following email NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk . This is the Home Office North West Customer Service Unit. I found this email in a post in this forum.

Two weeks later I got a letter from NWCSU in which they apologised for my problems and mentioned that the case worker had been notified and would be in touch with me within 14 working days.

Just one day later I received a letter from the case worker clarifying my situation, stating that my visa was correct and that I was legally in the country after my divorce. She explained that their system doesn't allow anything specific to be written on my residence cards about retaining rights after divorce.

I now cary this letter with me whenever I travel. I always have to show it with my passport but once I do this I haven't had any problem getting back to the UK.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Sounds about right, I got a similar letter 2nd time around and tbh didnt need to use it even once as I was asked no questions at the airport, but its always good to know you are covered from all angles
apenteado wrote:Hi there,

I just want to post the end of my story as that might help other people.

After sending the letter to the case worker that had dealt with my application and not hearing from her for many weeks, I wrote a complaint explaining my case to the following email NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk . This is the Home Office North West Customer Service Unit. I found this email in a post in this forum.

Two weeks later I got a letter from NWCSU in which they apologised for my problems and mentioned that the case worker had been notified and would be in touch with me within 14 working days.

Just one day later I received a letter from the case worker clarifying my situation, stating that my visa was correct and that I was legally in the country after my divorce. She explained that their system doesn't allow anything specific to be written on my residence cards about retaining rights after divorce.

I now cary this letter with me whenever I travel. I always have to show it with my passport but once I do this I haven't had any problem getting back to the UK.