ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension - maintenance money from 2 accounts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ferryahmed82

Tier 1 General Extension - maintenance money from 2 accounts

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi there

I need to discuss my situation with you guys, so as to get a better opinion.

My Tier-1(General) visa is expiring on 20th May 2012, so I am planning to apply for an extension during mid-March, since visa fees is

increasing in Apil 2012. I am applying for me, my wife (already on Tier 1), and my son born in UK.

First question, Is it okay for me to apply almost 2 months earlier when my leave expire, or it has to be at least 28 days before?

Secondly, about the maintenance funds.
I am maintaining two accounts, one current and one saving (both with the same bank and both on my name).

Can I use the sum of both the accounts for past 90 days to be counted as my maintenance money? Because my individual accounts haven't

got much funds, but if the balance from both the accounts are added up, then I have maintained more than £1900 for 3 months.

I am planning to show my accounts for the months from Dec 2011 - Feb 2012, as the sum of balance in both accounts become higher than

the required maintenance threshold in my case (800+533+533 = 1866). During these 90 days, the minimum balance I have (after adding both

accounts) is £1905, but it is above £3000 now.

I can also get a letter from the bank confirming that at least £1900 were maintained in total in both accounts for 90 days.

So would that cause any problem that my balance(from 2 accounts) went just £40 above my minimum amount? Or we are safe to have any

amount higher than our threshold.

SO, given these conditions, am I okay to apply in March or I should keep my maintenance money (which is now above £3000) for 2 more

months, so that I can show £3000 for 3 months (Feb-Mar-Apr). I am just trying to save an additional £1000 on visa fees, but at one side, I

want to play safe.

Any opinions/ replies????

supernova

Post by supernova » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:18 pm

1. I dont think there should be problem if you apply 2 months in advance. I personally applied little more than 2 months in advance for my extension and there wasn't any issues.

2. I suggest that you also get a letter from the bank.

Edit: please check this thread indicating an increase in maintenance funds requirement:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96566

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:10 pm

So, it means, if I have a letter from bank confirming my accounts, it shouldn't be a problem?

What I am assuming is, no matter we show multiple accounts, but at any moment of time in 90 days, the total amount of all the accounts added up should be greater than the minimum requirement, am I right?

Also, the higher maintenance will be implemented in April, so if i apply in March, that doesn't apply to me I guess?

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:57 pm

It is actually a matter of interpretation. Maintenance funds need to be in the main applicant's account or in the dependent's own account as per the guidance. If a dependent can submit his/her own bank statement to show available funds, it would still be 2 statements from 2 different accounts being one for the dependent and one for the main applicant. I dont see any point for HO not accepting money held and split in 2 different accounts.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Don't worry, you will be absolutely fine.

During my initial Tier 1, I have shown fund from 2 accounts (one mine and other joint) and it was fine.
During my dependants Tier 1 (2), again I showed funds from 2 accounts. (one mine and other of my wife)

We got the Visa without hassles.

So just chill. Just ensure that the period you are claiming should be less than 1 month stale from the date you post your application.

jan77

Post by jan77 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 pm

You will need to show maintenance funds for 90days consecutively before your application, (not just any 90day period) and the statements produced not more than one month immediately before your application.

If you apply two months early you are joking with not accruing the 5 year period for Indefinite leave to remain. and risking applying for another extension for 1month shortage! I know a guy that had to apply for another extension for just 7days shortage. I suggest you apply for your child dependant application later and go ahead with yours and your wife. You still have enough time to put the money in one bank account so your work can appear nice and tidy to the caseworker thus conserving processing time on your application. if you use the two statements, youre ok though.

maintenance funds is intended to change to £900 Main applicant, £600 dependant from 6 April 2012 just beware

Digest carefully the policy guidance every now and then, pray and obey no problems at all.
The purpose of this world is God

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:09 am

@jan77

i was told by one of my friend that now a days biometric letter takes 4 weeks to come and processing doesn't take place until the biometric is submitted....so if we apply before 2 months....we'll be submitting our biometric near about the same time our leave is about to expire.....so, we'll be safe.....but still I wanna be sure.....

I still dont want to fell short of 5 years time and can't afford another extension before ILR.....

jan77

Post by jan77 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 am

@ ferryahmed82

pls see the link- so how many months early can one apply these days ?on the main board. there are replies that were helpful sorry dpnt know to link one thread to the other
The purpose of this world is God