ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgen MN1 enquiry-please help.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abed9631
Newly Registered

Urgen MN1 enquiry-please help.

Post by abed9631 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi, My wife and myself have been granted ILR this week and we are now looking forward to registering our UK borne child as UK citizen using form MN1. I understand that the guidance says we should apply for our child's registration under section 1(3) 'immediately' after the ILR has been granted. My enquiry is - how long this 'immediate' time period could be? Can i wait couple of months before applying? or should it be made within a week or so. Thnx in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Urgen MN1 enquiry-please help.

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 am

abed9631 wrote: I understand that the guidance says we should apply for our child's registration under section 1(3) 'immediately' after the ILR has been granted.
Where did you read he should apply immediately? You can apply immediately if you wish but the decision is yours if and when to apply (as long as the child is under 18 ). However, if the child would need to travel out of the UK, he will a visa to return if he is not a BC.

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Jambo wrote:
abed9631 wrote: I understand that the guidance says we should apply for our child's registration under section 1(3) 'immediately' after the ILR has been granted.
Where did you read he should apply immediately? You can apply immediately if you wish but the decision is yours if and when to apply (as long as the child is under 18 ). However, if the child would need to travel out of the UK, he will a visa to return if he is not a BC.
See sushdmehtas response on this topic here- http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=78898

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Read it again.

What is said is "... immediately ... is entitled .... ". The entitlement to register is immediate. It's doesn't mean the child must apply immediately.

As I said, applying is optional (the child is not forced to become British) and can be made any time until the child is 18.

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Jambo wrote:Read it again.

What is said is "... immediately ... is entitled .... ". The entitlement to register is immediate. It's doesn't mean the child must apply immediately.

As I said, applying is optional (the child is not forced to become British) and can be made any time until the child is 18.
Now I'm clear :D . Many many thanks for pointing that out.

FZ

Post by FZ » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:52 am

abed9631 wrote:Hi, My wife and myself have been granted ILR this week and we are now looking forward to registering our UK borne child as UK citizen using form MN1. I understand that the guidance says we should apply for our child's registration under section 1(3) 'immediately' after the ILR has been granted. My enquiry is - how long this 'immediate' time period could be? Can i wait couple of months before applying? or should it be made within a week or so. Thnx in advance.
Hi Every one,

I am on ILR and need to submit MN1 application for my son, his dependent visa is expiring on 26th March, the earliest date available, to submit the form through nationality checking service, is 4th April, I need to know that, if it is mandatory to submit MN1 form before the visa expiry date?

Best Regards