ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can't book online biometric appointment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gupta_ust

Can't book online biometric appointment

Post by gupta_ust » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,

I am not able to book online appointment for biometric. I am trying since morning but in vain as the website is not loading..

paulstar008
Newly Registered

Post by paulstar008 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 am

The site is down since Wednesaday afternoon. Try to enrol your details at a post office if you don't need a family appointment

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Nope...I need a family appointment so cant help it..

liewanne
Newly Registered

Post by liewanne » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:25 pm

i can't load the online appontment booking as well...can't do it at post office as my my dependent is below six years old. my baby is nine months old!

liewanne
Newly Registered

Post by liewanne » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm

I am feeling very worried as we have booked flight tickets and are to fly on 19th March. I am afraid we wont be on time to get back our passports. Any suggestions? please?

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 pm

liewanne wrote:I am feeling very worried as we have booked flight tickets and are to fly on 19th March. I am afraid we wont be on time to get back our passports. Any suggestions? please?
Even if the online system was up, 19th of March seems next to impossible. I don't think there are any appointment dates available in next 30 days....(came to know from friends). Please plan accordingly...

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Biometric appointment via phone line is now open again for postal applications until online system is restored.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Expert can clarify please..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ply-online

It says you can go to post office instead of PEO. Does it also apply for family..

BTW, I have already book appointment for March 15 at cardif... If they allowed I might go post office and then cancel it later..

My visa already expired..

Please advise...

Thanks..

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Greenie wrote:
gupta_ust wrote:Since UKBA's online system is down, phone lines are again open for biometric bookings. But also they have mentioned,
"If you have made an application and have received an invitation to register your biometric information with us, you can take your letter to one of the participating Post Offices across the UK, instead of attending PEO."

Does it mean that I can go to with my family to any PPO or is it still for sole applicants only? Any views?
no you cannot attend a post office for biometrics unless the letter specifically says so and includes the barcode page at the back which the post office need to scan.
it doesn't matter that your leave has already expired as long as you made your application in time your leave is treated as continuing.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Greenie wrote:
Greenie wrote:
gupta_ust wrote:Since UKBA's online system is down, phone lines are again open for biometric bookings. But also they have mentioned,
"If you have made an application and have received an invitation to register your biometric information with us, you can take your letter to one of the participating Post Offices across the UK, instead of attending PEO."

Does it mean that I can go to with my family to any PPO or is it still for sole applicants only? Any views?
no you cannot attend a post office for biometrics unless the letter specifically says so and includes the barcode page at the back which the post office need to scan.
it doesn't matter that your leave has already expired as long as you made your application in time your leave is treated as continuing.
If what you say is correct then what is the point behind mentioning this by UKBA on website? Just trying to be devil's advocate.....

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 pm

gupta_ust wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Greenie wrote:

If what you say is correct then what is the point behind mentioning this by UKBA on website? Just trying to be devil's advocate.....
What is it you are disputing?

franklindani28
Newly Registered

Boking appointment

Post by franklindani28 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Usually it is try hard to book appointment for Tier 2 category. They open very rarely and close the appointment session immediately.
The only way is postal which will take at least 2 months and cheap.
If you really need an appointment you can approach a lawyer to help you and they somehow book appointments. they usually charge £200-£250

franklindani28
Newly Registered

change your flight

Post by franklindani28 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 pm

apply by post now and move your travel at least to 2nd week of MAY.

liewanne
Newly Registered

Post by liewanne » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Received the passport on 16th March. So, will travel as planned on the 19th! Thank you all for your replies and advice.