ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizen studying..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nettan
Newly Registered

Irish Citizen studying..

Post by nettan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Is it possible for the an irish citizen who is studying to have his spouse from a non-eu state join him in Ireland?

I am a newly naturalised irish citizen and i want to bring my non eu wife into ireland.

I will be starting a fulltime post graduate study at Dublin Business School by Higher Education Authority in March

1. Would this affect my wife's application negatively (I have only €1000 in my account and not yet receiving any financial support from the state, although i intend to as soon as the course starts)

2. How long is the processing time for my wife's application?

3. Would they require my divorce certificate ( I was previously married to an EU citizen but now divorced)?

4. Should she apply for UK EEA Permit instead? we don't have the luxury of time as we want to start a family ASAP and this route seems quicker. What are the pros and cons of this approach?

I would be grateful if you can help with these questions

Best regards

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Irish Citizen studying..

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 pm

nettan wrote:4. Should she apply for UK EEA Permit instead? we don't have the luxury of time as we want to start a family ASAP and this route seems quicker. What are the pros and cons of this approach?
You have Irish citizenship. EU free movement law only comes into play if you move to another EU member state (different than the country of your citizenship), such as the UK. If you do that, then you can definitely apply for the EEA FP prior to moving to the UK.