ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa Sponsorship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Family Visa Sponsorship

Post by ashdaone1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello All,

please can someone shed some light on my tricky situation?

My initial Tier 1 visa expires on 9th June 2012. My parents wish to come visit me from 1st june till end of June.

I will be renewing my visa before 9th June, but if they apply for a family visa now, will they be given a visa only till 9th June (when my visa expires) or will they get a 6 months visa, irrespective?

Any insights, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ash

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 pm

My sincere apologies - I already asked the question earlier :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#584114

I will try and call the HO to get more details.

Also, I hope I have not posted it in a wrong section. Yet, if anyone has had any experience, that will be appreciated.

Thanks

gprao2010

Post by gprao2010 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:45 pm

My visa expires on 3rd July. But.when I applied family visitor visa for my parents they got it till 15th Aug ( 6 months ). So to answer your question, they should get it for 6 months irrespective of when your visa expires.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:54 pm

gprao2010 wrote:My visa expires on 3rd July. But.when I applied family visitor visa for my parents they got it till 15th Aug ( 6 months ). So to answer your question, they should get it for 6 months irrespective of when your visa expires.
Bingo!!!!! That's exactly what i wanted to know!! Your reply has solved many a headaches for me! Brilliant :)

Did you mention anything to that effect on your cover letter? That your visa expires early or so? Or was it just a normal letter and they gave a 6 month visa irrespective?

Also, did you mention that you will support your family or did you show that your family will support themselves?

gprao2010

Post by gprao2010 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:19 pm

It was a normal cover letter specifying that I would take care of all of their travel, accommodation expenses etc... I did not mention anything related to my visa expiry in the cover letter.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:20 pm

gprao2010 wrote:It was a normal cover letter specifying that I would take care of all of their travel, accommodation expenses etc... I did not mention anything related to my visa expiry in the cover letter.
you are a star. cant thank you enough! :)