ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon PEO 24/02/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ozgrant

Success at Croydon PEO 24/02/2012

Post by ozgrant » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Firstly thanks to this amazing discussion board. The information within is absolutely amazing and better than what an expert legal service provided.

I applied for ILR today at Croydon PEO. I have been on Tier 1 (General) for two years, and WP before that. Here's how it panned out.

1. Appointment at 09.00. Arrived 08.30.
2. Queued for about 15 minutes until called to first desk for basic checks
3. 15 minutes later upstairs to pay. American Express now taken which is great.
4. Sat in waiting area for approximately 35 minutes before case worker called me to her desk. This was about 09:45.
5. She asked for application form, photographs, passport, and payment receipts.
6. Then she asked for any other documents I would like to submit. I was expecting her to ask for specific things like so many others have mentioned on here. In any case, I was prepared and handed over:
  • * 5 P60's
    * 12 months of pay slips
    * 12 months of bank statements
    * income summary spreadsheet
    * LITUK test result
    * absence spreadsheet
    * letter from employer confirming employment
    * letter from employer confirming absences
    * cohabitation documents (I asked how many, she said 3 for me and 3 for my partner)
I asked if she wanted photocopies of everything, and she said yes. So good idea to take them along with you.

I asked if she wanted the old work permit letters, she said no. My absences totalled 296 days. 169 for business related travel, and the remainder paid leave and weekends. There were no questions asked about this.

This took about 5 minutes. She then asked me to take a seat and that it would take about 45 mins to review the documents. After 1 hour I started to get rather nervous, but soon after she called me back and said it was all successful and to return after 1 hour to collect our passports! Was walking back to the station at 12.30.

Very happy indeed!!! Good luck to everyone else still to apply.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Congrats ozgrant ...

No questions asked about your absences ??? did you submit absence sheet / employer letter for absences along with your documents ?

ozgrant

Post by ozgrant » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Congrats ozgrant ...

No questions asked about your absences ??? did you submit absence sheet / employer letter for absences along with your documents ?
No questions asked. I submitted absence spreadsheet, where I separated travel for business and holidays. I also had a letter from my employer confirming the business travel and the dates I took annual leave.