ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) ILR success @ Sheffield PEO- 23 Feb 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abed9631
Newly Registered

SET (O) ILR success @ Sheffield PEO- 23 Feb 2012

Post by abed9631 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi, I've got my ILR granted (with one dependant) at Sheffield PEO today. It was a very straight forward case (5 contunuous years with WP under same employer) and my application was processed and approved within a mere one and half hour only. Obviously I'm very happy about the outcome and therefore would like to share some of my experiences that might come of help for other fellow applicants planning to apply @ this PEO in near future.

1. Try to book an early appointment. It seemed to me that there is no hard and fast rule and people were being seen as first come first serve basis. My appointment was @10.30 but I entered the building @9.15, got myself registered @9.25, made payment and deposited all documents @ 9.50 and finally seen by the case worker @11.30 to be told about the successful outcome. So I was in fact all done within an hour of my original appointment time!

2. Airport style security check @ the entrance by two officers. My only sugesstion is - don't take more than one mobile phone with you cause you'll be asked to remove the batteries before putting them on the tray provided which is an unnecessary hassle in my view. Also try not to wear any waist belt- you will have to remove it and then put back on after passing through the metal detector arch. So why bother wearing at all.

3. Organise all your documents in advance- put them in a ring folder, in appropriate order, properly labelled and seperated by file dividers. I did same for both the orginal and photocopied set of documents and it was highly appreciated by the case worker. As I've said before, I was seen by the case worker only once just to tell me that he had looked at all my documents which seemed OK to grant me ILR today and my passports will be ready for collection from the reception in 10 minutes.

4. The staffs were very gentle and polite- not commanding in their attitude at all which gave me a very comfortable feeling while I was in the building. However, the facilities seemed not enough to support the volume of customers- not enough seats for all, no extra facilities (apart from a 32'' LCD TV) to keep the children satisfied.

Hope this would help some of you to plan your PEO appointment in future. Wish you all best and thank you everyone, particularly the people who are doing a great work from behind the scene through this online forum, for the help and encouragement. Thanks again.

kiru4u

Post by kiru4u » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi I have my appointment on 27 Feb 2012 at Sheffield PEO, thanks for the information.

What is the set of photo copied documents which you took, because all the documents which I am carrying are original except for the invoices (which are printouts)

Please can you let me know as soon as possible.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:43 pm

congrats abed9631 ....

please can you share your absence details ?

mayana

Post by mayana » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:54 pm

kiru4u wrote:Hi I have my appointment on 27 Feb 2012 at Sheffield PEO, thanks for the information.

What is the set of photo copied documents which you took, because all the documents which I am carrying are original except for the invoices (which are printouts)

-Get a ring folder with hard back and get the transparent staples multi punch pocket (from staples outlet).
-Arrange your document one by one.
-Put all original in one part and photocopies in another part in same sequence as the original.
-Present your document in way that will make the case easier for your case worker. This way they may not need to ask you any question nd approve your visa quickly :lol:

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:29 pm

kiru4u wrote:Hi I have my appointment on 27 Feb 2012 at Sheffield PEO, thanks for the information.

Mayana got it spot on! The documents I submitted were pretty normal things-
1. Letter from the employer and orginal WP letter issued by HO
2. HMRC letter + 5 years P60s
3. Payslips- 12 mnths
4. Corresponding Bank Statements- 12 mnths- date and amount of pay highlighted
5. Life in the UK test cert
6. Cohabitation Docs
- Gas, elec, water bills, tenancy agreements-in joint names
- Register of electors for past 3 years
- Official poll card 2008-10-11
- Council Tax Bills- only in my name
- various letters (however not covering 2 years)

7. photocopies for each of those above

No questions asked by CW, no further documents required. Wish you all the best and hope everything will be OK.

Regarding absences- only 4 weeks back in summer 2007.