ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does getting fund from Bursary count as Public Fund?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

agniamit1
Newly Registered

Does getting fund from Bursary count as Public Fund?

Post by agniamit1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 pm

I want to do NVQ Level 3 in Teaching and I am eligible for Fund from the Bursary. Will this count under Public Fund?

I have a Tier 1 Dependant Visa in that its written "NO RESOURCE TO PUBLIC FUND". I am Indian having Indian Passport before that I was in Paris(France) for last 2-3 years.

thanks in advance

amrita

agniamit1
Newly Registered

Re: Does getting fund from Bursary count as Public Fund?

Post by agniamit1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:46 am

agniamit1 wrote:I want to do NVQ Level 3 in Teaching and I am eligible for Fund from the Bursary. Will this count under Public Fund?

I have a Tier 1 Dependant Visa in that its written "NO RESOURCE TO PUBLIC FUND". I am Indian having Indian Passport before that I was in Paris(France) for last 2-3 years.

thanks in advance

amrita
Just to Add. This fund (1500) will directly go to my college and will not come to my bank account ( unlike other bursary assistances)

amrita

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:13 pm

agniamit1 wrote:I want to do NVQ Level 3 in Teaching and I am eligible for Fund from the Bursary. Will this count under Public Fund?

thanks in advance

amrita
I don't think it would be count as PF. My wife completed a PG cert with bursary from a govt funded organisation without any issue. There are clear guidance on what constitutes PF and although, in my wife's case, the money came from govt pocket it was not defined as PF. The uni checked it thoroughly before accepting my wife as student.

agniamit1
Newly Registered

Post by agniamit1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks, Thats really helpful. So can i confirm if your wife still on Tier1 Visa and did get your visa renewed successfully

thanks amrita