ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension (Emp + Self Emp) NOW APPROVED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abby92

Tier 1 General Extension (Emp + Self Emp) NOW APPROVED

Post by abby92 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi all

I am applying for my tier 1 general extension shortly and I really need some advice in my case. I am in full time employment and I also work as a self employed tutor. I have got the following questions and would really appreciate if someone could help me.

1. When I initially switched to Tier 1 General, I was full time employed and self employed but at that time my self emp business was different and now I work as a tutor. will this make any difference at all?

2. After the initial grant of tier 1 general, I had to end my self emp and I re started self emp again last year. will this make any difference?

3. I get paid from my students in form of cheque, bank transfer and cash in my bank account after I issue them an invoice. Once the payment appears in my account, I then issue a receipt as well. My accountant will prepare my accounts and letter etc as per the requirement. Would this all be sufficient?

I look forward to your kind replies
Last edited by abby92 on Thu May 17, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Answers for the question.

1. NO

2. NO

3. Do you have any Business account or you paying these cheque, bank transfer and cash in your personal account?

If you really want to show these income for the extension purpose then it should come under Business account and you can take them as dividends.

Thanks,
Mani

abby92

Post by abby92 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm

ManiKing wrote:Answers for the question.

1. NO

2. NO

3. Do you have any Business account or you paying these cheque, bank transfer and cash in your personal account?

If you really want to show these income for the extension purpose then it should come under Business account and you can take them as dividends.

Thanks,
Mani
Thank you so much for your reply. I do have a business account in to which all my self emp income goes. I am actually working as a private tutor and registered as a sole trader. I dont think dividend is applicabe in my case as its not a company I am working for. some one correct me please if I am wrong.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Yes you are right dividends can only be taken if you were a share holder in a company. In your case it will be the taxable profit that HO will take in to account.

Not sure about other questions as nothing is contained in the guidance around different nature of self emp and ending and re starting it.

All the best

abby92

Post by abby92 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Can some one else answer my questions as well specially from gurus/ seniors please? Or those who were in the same situation as I am at present?

I am not insulting those kind members who have already replied. Thanks to all

village

Post by village » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:46 pm

ABBY92,

I got the visa a week back same day...... self emp + emp

1. When I initially switched to Tier 1 General, I was full time employed and self employed but at that time my self emp business was different and now I work as a tutor. will this make any difference at all?

This wont be any problem only thing is you need to register with HMRC see that you get letter with UTR number also see that ur paying NI2 Contribution also 2010-2011... NI4(TAX PAID)

2. After the initial grant of tier 1 general, I had to end my self emp and I re started self emp again last year. will this make any difference?

Not a problem only thing is you need to be registered with HMRC atleast before 4months of applying..SO NO PROBLEM...when you stop or start...only matter is that you should pay all your prev taxes....

3. I get paid from my students in form of cheque, bank transfer and cash in my bank account after I issue them an invoice. Once the payment appears in my account, I then issue a receipt as well. My accountant will prepare my accounts and letter etc as per the requirement. Would this all be sufficient?

Thats fine not a problem....but be sure......you have all the invoices correctly....and the amount should be exact.....matching your bank statements......as above some one mentioned...Dividends its not for self emp......thats for limited company...dont get messed.....

1.UTR number letter from HMRC
2. invoices
3. 12...or 10...9...months bank statements may be Business or personal
4. income letter showing gross/net payment..from accountant
5. sales summary letter from acnt.
6.accounts - profit.loss.....balanced sheet...etc
7.Degree certificate...the one you provided for Initial stay

abby92

Post by abby92 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Village

Thanks very much for your kind reply. Please check my pm as well.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Happy days :D :D :D

Got my approval letter and BRP both today with 2 dependants.

Applied on 12 March. 12
Biometrics Provided on 07 April. 12
Approval Letter and BRP received today 16 May. 12

Thanks very much to you all for keeping updated each other on this forum and all your help as well. Hope You all get your approvals soon who are still waiting.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:52 pm

abby92 wrote:Happy days :D :D :D

Got my approval letter and BRP both today with 2 dependants.

Applied on 12 March. 12
Biometrics Provided on 07 April. 12
Approval Letter and BRP received today 16 May. 12

Thanks very much to you all for keeping updated each other on this forum and all your help as well. Hope You all get your approvals soon who are still waiting.
Congrats abby92. It looks like you had all your paperwork in excellent order as it has taken not much longer for a decision. :D