ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need a quick answer help!!!!,

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jakeurban
Newly Registered

Need a quick answer help!!!!,

Post by jakeurban » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 pm

I am British citizen got married to Moroccan,she is now on sepouse visa that will end november 2012, and we have a child together that she is taking care of now. due to some reasons I had to get some financial help from the government ,I am claiming housing benifits,child tax credit,child benifits,job seeker allowance,council tax.
My wife is not claiming any benifits because of her status she has no records to public funds on her visa.
My question is by me claiming benifits will affect her to get ilr?
If yes is there any way to make the application succeful.
Please I need a truthful answer
Thanks

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:30 pm

When we were married I had the clause of no recourse to public funds - and when my BC husband was fired from his job - we were advised that condition of my spouse visa was that he can support me without accessing public funds - so he was unable to claim anything for the 2 months he was unemployed. We relied on family for money and thatk goodness we had a very understanding landlord at the time. Asfar as I am aware it does affect you application because she is being supported by you - but you are accessing public funds.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:37 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 pm

jakeurban and cherryplum, these questions have been answered many times in this Claiming Benefits section.

As well as checking out Vinny's helpful links, also have a read of the pinned topic in this Claiming Benefits section of this board .... click here .... and have a read through that, for the technical arguments.

cherryplum, the JSA your husband was hoping to claim, would that have been contribution-based JSA or income-based JSA? And who told him not to claim?
John